Leia's Ceremonial Necklace: Prop Replica Collector Options

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
This could be a WTB but I really want to have more discussion with fellow collectors about any experiences they might have had.

I would really like to get a nice replica of Leia's ceremonial necklace but I have not been to thrilled with the options.

Here is what I know:

Ebay: $270.77 (but I think their regular listing price is $70.77)
Etsy: Sculpy: $75.00
Paul Michael Design: Sterling Silver: $895.00
Laaksot: Silver: $1,800

Basically there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. I'd like a non-precious metal with nice detailing and accuracy but at a reasonable price. Anyone know of other options?

i've actually had this on commision from a friend for a while just getting kylo out the way and may look into this haha would make one link SLA printed as a master and then cold cast. no defo start date but it's on my list haha

i've actually had this on commision from a friend for a while just getting kylo out the way and may look into this haha would make one link SLA printed as a master and then cold cast. no defo start date but it's on my list haha

I'd to see what you come up with.

Does anyone know how many panels was on the actual prop?

I am surprised than no one has made the sections on Shapeway. If they have, I have yet to find it.

It seems that you need 14 regular panels and 1 split panel.

I also recently got a Shapeway email talking about testing aluminum metal and also the ability to link metal parts. Seems like it would be useful for the necklace.

I am surprised than no one has made the sections on Shapeway. If they have, I have yet to find it.

It seems that you need 14 regular panels and 1 split panel.

I also recently got a Shapeway email talking about testing aluminum metal and also the ability to link metal parts. Seems like it would be useful for the necklace.

good thinking although the cost to print 14 segments in aluminium would be astronomica from shapeways, i'm on the beta it's bloody expencive

True but I would be interested to what it would cost. Compared to the other alternatives, it might be agreeable... probably not to me... but agreeable to someone.

But still... I'd be interested in 3D parts, even if i had to go to budget materials.

Just wanted to bump this thread up with some images from an auction for one of the real necklaces a few months back. There were some good shots and some info about the size.

The piece size is 25 x 27 mm and the total length is 41 cm.jpg The piece size is 25 x 27 mm and total length is 41 cm.jpg

The individual piece size is 25 x 27 mm and the total length of this necklace is 41 cm.

I know that the company has made this necklace with variations such as number of panels but from what I can tell from images of the real prop, this one matches the panel count.

Very interested in finding or making an alternative my self. Thanks for posting the dimensions. Is the info from the auction still available....I can't find anything?

As mentioned, the auction was a while ago. I think the asking price was a couple thousand dollars give or take. I just filed the info and images away for later use.

As I mentioned above, the size stated by a past owner of one of these necklaces list the size of the panels at 25 mm x 27 mm.

I wonder if the piece started out as square before bent. FYI: If you convert 27mm, it comes out to 1.06299"

The dent look too scooped in your model. The actual necklace panel looks more like a dent with squeeze to create a crease. Not sure really how to explain it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back