latex

borge009

hi I just want to ask what other material could be use aside from latex? can latex paint can be use as alternative? Aside from the foam is there other material that we can use?

Elmers glue... If you spread it all over yourself or a suit it will make a rubbery latex-like finish on your skin when dried.... Its paintable and cheap too! This is kind of wierd but I have heard of guys melting down gummy bears into a thick runny type substance, painting it on your suit with a brush, and then when it dries it forms a latex-like finish! Again gummy bears are paintable as well.... Both items are at dollar stores worldwide and a suit will end up costing you about $10 bucks!

Hope this helps.

Elmers glue... If you spread it all over yourself or a suit it will make a rubbery latex-like finish on your skin when dried.... Its paintable and cheap too! This is kind of wierd but I have heard of guys melting down gummy bears into a thick runny type substance, painting it on your suit with a brush, and then when it dries it forms a latex-like finish! Again gummy bears are paintable as well.... Both items are at dollar stores worldwide and a suit will end up costing you about $10 bucks!

Hope this helps.
WHAT that's crazy :lol: that's insane i believe u,just cant believe it LOL would like to see a photo of it

how much will it cost if you use latex for your mask and body?

has anybody used elmers glue or the gummy bears for their costume here?
is it strong enough?

gummy bears? your kidding right.
People have made suit parts out of foam and coated that with glue, for a suit, you could get a rambo muscle shirt and repaint it with fabric paint, that would work and be cheaper than a latex skin

Hope this helps.

thats just great lol

make sure that the liquid gummy bears are boiling hot before you put it onto yourself, then you do not even need to make the skin as you will have a gummy bear skin that will be attached to yours untill you eat your way out. :(

(WARNING: never ever for any reason attempt this....) (and if you do make sure to get it on film....) :D

You could use a diving suit for the skin part. but that would get rediculousley hot.. I have heard of some people using diving suits before, but I dont think you would want to make
a mask out of a diving suit =P

For the body suit you can also go with a spandex or lycra unitard. They take to painting very well, aren't very hot, are very breathable and are comfortable. It doesn't look as "skin" like as latex, but with a good paintjob it will look pretty damn good.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back