Large Scale Visitor Squad ship

AHH!! Forget that piece of crap Sean and his friends were playing with!! This is a MASTERPIECE!! Hopefully whoever ends up with this model can truly appreciate all the phenomenal work you've done! It has been soooooo cool to see being built!! Hope you're taking some amazing photos, too!

You should have looked into having that baby molded.

I know I would love a copy to build as it looks awesome. :thumbsup

I'm sure others would agree as well.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY!

I appreciate all the time and effort that went into it- it's truly phenomenal.

I know you've already made your intentions clear to everyone here about not duplicating it, but will offer up the ONE ship for interested parties.

I'm always kind of curious when someone does that- it's fine if you don't plan on molding it, but when all that time and effort goes into it, and it comes out so well, well why the heck would you even PART with it? (I sure as heck know I wouldn't) :love

Seriously. SERIOUSLY!

I appreciate all the time and effort that went into it- it's truly phenomenal.

I know you've already made your intentions clear to everyone here about not duplicating it, but will offer up the ONE ship for interested parties.

I'm always kind of curious when someone does that- it's fine if you don't plan on molding it, but when all that time and effort goes into it, and it comes out so well, well why the heck would you even PART with it? (I sure as heck know I wouldn't) :love

Thank you, everyone. That's a very good question, fuzzylover. Here's my answer. This model Squad Ship represents a great deal of time, effort, research, design, planning, and investment (yes, even though I probably spent less than $40 on paint, foam core board, threaded rod, balsa wood, and sheet plastic, I still had to buy the SMT kit for about $180). It's a beautiful piece of work so far, if I do say so myself. And when it's finished it will blow people's vaginas way open (sorry, ladies). But I have a family. I have 4 beautiful, wonderful children, but I also have bills to pay. I'm no doctor, or laywer, and I'm not independently wealthy. But God gave me a little talent and dammit if I won't use it.
This piece will be UNIQUE. There will be no others like it. I suppose somebody might try to tear it apart and mold it, but I hope that doesn't happen. I've tried to design it to really be destroyed if that happens, but recasters are, among many things, resourceful.
I may try to build the bigger ships in the future, but I may not have the time or motivation. I'm going to sell it so someone else can enjoy it, too. I've been selling the little 1/87th scale ones for about 10 years now because nobody else does that. And also, flying little V ships around my house with my kids is fun.
I hope whomever gets it will post pictures in their collection. I may open an interest or auction thread in the junkyard, or sell it on eVilbay. I'd rather the offers be open to everyone so the bidding is fair. I've only been a member here since April, so maybe eVilbay might be the way to go. I do have a 10 year record over there under the same username. Anyways, if you have been watching and waiting but not posting in this thread or sending me pm's, please let me know. If there's that much interest I may not even try the auction site.
The parts are being clearcoated now. I should have it finished by thursday night or friday. Thanks again, everyone!

Yay! Finally. Feels like it's been forever. This was a fun build. I hope someone else gets inspired to make more ships from V in a large or studio scale. She comes in at just under 28 inches long, and about 13 inches wide. I don't have a working scale right now so I don't know the weight. Not too bad, though. Anyways, #1 is the obligatory soda can shot. #2 her belly. #3, her length. #4 Happy Fathers Day to Me! My new baby. #5 and 6 are some cool lower viewpoint shots. #7 is for my eagletransporter friends (it's a Product Enterprise 23 incher). #8 and 9 are some fun Photoshop pics. Thanks for watching everyone!

Amazing and simply stunning, you really have out done yourself on the "V" Squad Ship.

You really do have a special tallent in construction and design, love the work!

There is nothing I can say to express my thoughts on this, apart from " MINE.." :lol This is actually my favourite build here.. Though little bias being the V fan I am.. You have out done yourself.. Simply brilliant, and the detail you have gone to is impressive.. Did I mention " MINE??"

Looks OUTSTANDING!!!!

On another note (and by no means do I intend to derail your thread or take away from what you've been accomplishing...I hope you know that), I thought I'd attach a few pics of that Visitor toy fig I've started.

I'm no good at attaching pics, so sorry for the quality. He stands 3.75" high. The head, arm gauntlets, and torso are complete, and the rest remains a 'skeleton' I'm sculpting on top of. Note that he's a bit stylized- he's supposed to be a toy representative, not a scaled realistic character. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Now I just need to finish them, cast me a small squad, and populate my own shuttle! :)
i love them, can you do others???, i would love have 5 five them for our exhibition in france in september

Yay! Finally. Feels like it's been forever. This was a fun build. I hope someone else gets inspired to make more ships from V in a large or studio scale. She comes in at just under 28 inches long, and about 13 inches wide. I don't have a working scale right now so I don't know the weight. Not too bad, though. Anyways, #1 is the obligatory soda can shot. #2 her belly. #3, her length. #4 Happy Fathers Day to Me! My new baby. #5 and 6 are some cool lower viewpoint shots. #7 is for my eagletransporter friends (it's a Product Enterprise 23 incher). #8 and 9 are some fun Photoshop pics. Thanks for watching everyone!

great job, i would love to have one of these for our V exhibition in september. do you plan to sell one of these pieces

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It was as much fun to share updates as it was to build this.

great job, i would love to have one of these for our V exhibition in september. do you plan to sell one of these pieces

Thex, there is only one of these. I made the last picture with a photo program called Photoshop. It's fake.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It was as much fun to share updates as it was to build this.

Thex, there is only one of these. I made the last picture with a photo program called Photoshop. It's fake.
do you plan to do others????:lol if it ois ok i want to be on the waiting list for one

Thex, it is only a one of build.. He won't be making molds to mass produce them.. Unfortunately, you have others that will fight for this, including myself.. And on that note, should tell you that I'm MadBeeOtch from The V Files, so you know I'll be doing what ever I can to get a hold of this.. :love

:eek:love :confused:love:lol (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup
...so many emotions!!!!!! That is absolutely freakin gorgeous!!!! I don't know what I can say that hasn't been already. This leaves me speechless. Though I do love the pics with the figures and droids!!! This is THE PENULTIMATE V build!! PLEASE DO MORE!!!! Congratulations on this, man. It does deserve one hell of a good home and owner. Hope you have a great Father's Day, by the way!!!

Thex, it is only a one of build.. He won't be making molds to mass produce them.. Unfortunately, you have others that will fight for this, including myself.. And on that note, should tell you that I'm MadBeeOtch from The V Files, so you know I'll be doing what ever I can to get a hold of this.. :love

Yes, it is only a "one of" build...which, of course, just makes it that much GREATER!!!
Beechy, this is definitely going to be a fight!! Don't think anything of this caliber will pop up again anytime soon...I've been wanting this for pretty much my entire life, so good luck to you!! :D
Morrris... (another) PM SENT.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back