Land of the Lost Enik Bust Build Up

Kerr Avon

Master Member
After looking at Tom's restoration of the original Enik the Altrusian from Land of the Lost, I decided I had to finally get this done. I cast up the bust and started getting bits and pieces for it. This piece isn't the most accurate, and it's meant to be more a Sleestak than Enik, but I'm going to do some work and hope to have a pretty decent Enik the Altrusian when done! I plan to do a partial tunic to hang off his shoulders, and put together a Magetti necklace to hang from his neck as well.

attachment.php

I located plastic spheres that I'll use to replace the opaque eyes. I'll dremel out the resin and pressure fit them in place like I did with my Slimer eyes. I plan to spray the inside with a smokey paint job tinted with red to give him eyes as close as possible to the real thing.

attachment.php

Hopefully I'll be able to get a good chunk of dremel work this weekend.

Attachments

• 2011-11-02-EnikEyes-002.jpg
    2011-11-02-EnikEyes-002.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 835
  • 2011-10-30-Enik.jpg
    2011-10-30-Enik.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,202
Did some rough dremel work today, carving around the scales and dremeled out his mouth and eyes. The plastic spheres are taped in place for the moment. I'll be doing more sanding to fit them in better and then pressure fit them in place with some bondo so they make a good seal.

attachment.php

A bit more of a profile. If it's warm enough tomorrow I'll probably more finely fit the eyes and work on the mouth probably.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-11-05-EnikEyes1.jpg
    2011-11-05-EnikEyes1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 768
  • 2011-11-05-EnikEyes2.jpg
    2011-11-05-EnikEyes2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 623
I got a sleestak from Sarge years ago and sold it. I've regretting it ever since. This really makes me want another!

Good luck!

-Rylo

More progress on Enik! I pretty much finished opening up the mouth and recessing it to give that dark cavernous look to the mouth. It needs a little tweaking I think but I'm getting there. The eye on the left of the photo is bothering me a little too. I think I just need to sand it down a little more to open the eye a bit more and bring it out just a tad bit more.

attachment.php

Definitely seems to need a bit more here too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-11-27-Enik1.jpg
    2011-11-27-Enik1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 588
  • 2011-11-27-Enik2.jpg
    2011-11-27-Enik2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 541
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back