Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet COMPLETED

Definitely following this so I can get an update when you start the first run... Don't think I can wait till the release of the film, I might want in on this run.... Have to think about it because not sure on accuracy yet, but hey, by July 7th, we should know how accurate the back of the helmet looks, and if it's as close as I'm hoping it is, I might want a V1 ;)

Last edited:

LnvEyAB.jpg

So .. today i experimented with the cold casting ....

attachment.php

Progress !!

also faceplate mold is almost complete and the greebles too !

Attachments

• 10250271_10153344979902226_1633945168584838491_n.jpg
    10250271_10153344979902226_1633945168584838491_n.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,636

Sni9er; No paint, just cold cast right? Very nice!

Did you pour in stages? Higher concentrate alu in the silver lines and then lower alu in the other pieces? Or is this all the result of one outer layer with non metallic inner layers?

I've been thinking how to get this effect when some parts need to be ultra silver and some must a bit metallic.

Last edited by a moderator:

dday correct no paint just cast this layer was all in one with the following mix:

1 part resin
1 part Aluminum
(mixed with 5% Jet Black)
this gives a nice dark gun metal finish and then hit the ridges with steel wool to reveal the pure Alu to shine still experimenting to get the mix just right in terms of viscosity but pretty much there now by the time the faceplates are ready to mold I'll be set)

I'll send as a kit in parts to be finished as I wouldn't have the time to trim and prep them all but as you can see its not terribly hard to do haha I'll make one showpiece to show before the sales

i

- - - Updated - - -

Also I can hit the other parts with steel wool and a light touch to get a very mild metallic sheen

I see, thanks! I"ve been playing with cold casting myself and wondered if you might be using a different mix for the high silver parts.

I am no fan of that design, but I am a fan of good workmanship!

This is looking great and the cold-cast mask came out great!

Markus

I see, thanks! I"ve been playing with cold casting myself and wondered if you might be using a different mix for the high silver parts.
The black pigment makes all the difference!
I am no fan of that design, but I am a fan of good workmanship!

This is looking great and the cold-cast mask came out great!

Markus
Haha thanks !! been a labour of love

No vaderjeff1744 it was just saying it was a quick shot (my previous post) I'll take a frontal shot when I get home

No @vaderjeff1744 it was just saying it was a quick shot (my previous post) I'll take a frontal shot when I get home

Ok, gotcha! Did catch your meaning from the post, & thought maybe I was just not seeing a new pic you had posted. No worries! Looking forward to seeing more pics when you have time!:cool

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back