Kurtz Dossier from Apocalypse Now (open source for all!)

Yeah that is no problem, I have around 100 of them so these will work. So just to clarify these folders in the photo below will be the outer folder and the ones I print will be the inner?

Yep. We just have to mod the corners based on Adams files.

Also I just got my Blue Ray and have gone through it for all file scenes.

I really have no clue how Adam decided what is what as very little of the actual folders are seen.

Here we go.

Harrison Ford is way to young to be a Full Bird Colonel. He is also too nervous. Technically there have been younger,...but no. Nothing to do with the Dossier, it just bugged me :)

He does have the strap on his map case. It's shown when he is looking at documents in an out of order scene where the files are open before the file opening scene.

There is no difference that I can see in the Original vs. Redux version of the film as far as the Dossier is concerned. Just the water skiing scene earlier when he first opens the dossier and the narration starts a little ways into overlooking the dossier.

The black file folder for the Scott Glenn file is not an expanding file and is a flat or matte black. I will have those coming from Amazon shortly.

The War Department symbol on the back of the black/clear vinyl classified pouches might be gold on one. It happens fast and can't be really shown on a pause, but the one later is clearly red, not gold.

The Red Folder is marked Ivory IV with the label maker and then Top Secret is printed under that.

There is a paper clipped note card on the cover of the Newsweek and that paperclip has it opened to the Kurtz story. I could not make out any writing on the card.

I have pics. Keep in mind I took them off my TV with my Phone, so they are not the best but will show what I mentioned here. I will upload as soon as I can.

Okay, I am tired. My eyes hurt.

Yeah that is no problem, I have around 100 of them so these will work. So just to clarify these folders in the photo below will be the outer folder and the ones I print will be the inner?

These are supposed to be here tomorrow and I have other stuff to mail as well so I hope to send the files to you tomorrow.

1712784230809.png

Yep. We just have to mod the corners based on Adams files.

Also I just got my Blue Ray and have gone through it for all file scenes.

I really have no clue how Adam decided what is what as very little of the actual folders are seen.

Here we go.

Harrison Ford is way to young to be a Full Bird Colonel. He is also too nervous. Technically there have been younger,...but no. Nothing to do with the Dossier, it just bugged me :)

He does have the strap on his map case. It's shown when he is looking at documents in an out of order scene where the files are open before the file opening scene.

There is no difference that I can see in the Original vs. Redux version of the film as far as the Dossier is concerned. Just the water skiing scene earlier when he first opens the dossier and the narration starts a little ways into overlooking the dossier.

The black file folder for the Scott Glenn file is not an expanding file and is a flat or matte black. I will have those coming from Amazon shortly.

The War Department symbol on the back of the black/clear vinyl classified pouches might be gold on one. It happens fast and can't be really shown on a pause, but the one later is clearly red, not gold.

The Red Folder is marked Ivory IV with the label maker and then Top Secret is printed under that.

There is a paper clipped note card on the cover of the Newsweek and that paperclip has it opened to the Kurtz story. I could not make out any writing on the card.

I have pics. Keep in mind I took them off my TV with my Phone, so they are not the best but will show what I mentioned here. I will upload as soon as I can.

Okay, I am tired. My eyes hurt.
I just watched a video talking about how Harrison ford was very nervous filming this movie because of how famous Coppola was as after the godfather. There is an amazing video series documenting the production of Apocalypse Now. I will link to it here. I am making two dossiers, one for me and one for him!

I just watched a video talking about how Harrison ford was very nervous filming this movie because of how famous Coppola was as after the godfather. There is an amazing video series documenting the production of Apocalypse Now. I will link to it here. I am making two dossiers, one for me and one for him!

He will say thank you, take it, and likely never look at it. Sell it like I am doing.

Mr. Ford has enough stuff. Don't be kind, be a capitalist! :love: (y) :eek:

Okay I ordered some pencils. FYI they are Vintage Dixon & General’s China Marker Marking type pencils. They are the kind you can unwind to sharpen. You can see them on the Blue Ray clearer when it's running then when pausing.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1636.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1
Here is the Red Ivory Folder. The bleed in black is just from the swipe. Mr. Coppola loves him some fade ins and outs. Makes it hard to get good screen grabs.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 3
I am becoming obsessed. Adam gave us a map number, but there are different versions of that map. So I snagged some pics from when Willard is flashing back to Harrison Ford talking about Kurtz while showing the map. I can make out enough that we should be able to locate the exact map. There are two #6432s on Ebay now, but they are not a match.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 3
I ordered these for the Scott Glenn file. There is a shot where you can see it's not an expanding file. I think these are a very good match.

1712799988362.png

The Newsweek spread with the cover and paperclipped note card. Again with his fading in and out.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 3
The Newsweek spread with the cover and paperclipped note card. Again with his fading in and out.
Any idea what is on that notecard, is that a thing that used to be on magazines? Or something maybe talking about the contents of Kurtz in the magazine

Any idea what is on that notecard, is that a thing that used to be on magazines? Or something maybe talking about the contents of Kurtz in the magazine

No and no. It is not something they put on Magazines, and likely yes, it was something about Kurtz but it looks blank on screen. Darn fades or dissolves, Artists (n) :mad:

Some Big Envelope shots. It's not string on the closure, but about a 1/4" ribbon or strap type thing. I can't think of the word.

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3
I had a feeling something was off about the envelopes, and after looking at the 10x15 size, I don't think they are correct. It just doesn't make any sense. In Adams video the envelope he pulls the ivory's out of only have a small margin on the size for space, but in the photo below you can see how big a 15 inch envelope would be in relation to the folders. I am 95% he had it right the first time saying they are 9x12 with a 2 inch gusset. The quality park ones have no 2 inch gusset as can clearly be seen in the video. I think these are a lot closer. Side Loading Kraft Expansion Envelopes - 9 x 12 x 2

Attachments

• IMG2.png
    IMG2.png
    751.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Lets wait then until one of us have all the files printed. Military jacket inside the Ivory. All docs, pics, magazines, and then go to the post office and see what it will fit into. I think you may be right.

I will hold off ordering any of the big envelopes until then.

Hopefully the ones we want to use for Ivory arrive today and can can ship a bunch of those to you along with the "Red" file.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back