Kurgan sword case, from the film, complete relplica using original film prop

In a facebook post awhile back Daryl said that he had made several Kurgan swords with carbon steel blades, did anyone here get one or have pics? I have not seen a finished one so I'm curious.
I don‘t have one, but I think Daryl sent me a pic of a blade some years ago. Haven‘t been in touch with him since 2017.

vadermania quick question, when you say they guard was production piece from your collection... does that mean they were Marto pieces?
Guard, grip and pommel are spare pieces from the production of the original movie. They were given to the company who made the original cased Kurgan sword as reference. The grip was just a bare piece of steel tube, I added the movie accurate leather wrapping myself.

Last edited:
This is my replica Kurgan sword case I got from Daryl back in 2016. The two-piece aluminum blade did come from Daryl, too, a friend made it for him. The other (static) Kurgan sword components are production-made pieces from my personal collection.
View attachment 1473210

So, you got just the blade and case? I assume they are the blade and case we saw Daryl post much earlier in this thread?

So, you got just the blade and case? I assume they are the blade and case we saw Daryl post much earlier in this thread?
Yes, just the case and the two-piece aluminum blade. The blade tang is not completely screen accurate, I had asked Daryl to produce a blade for me that would fit with my production-made handle parts.

Very cool Kurgan sword case setup you have there. With production made parts no less. Out of curiosity, what's your address and when will no one be home? ;)

Last edited:
resin fittings coming together :)

View attachment 1471935

irishamericanlad

Hello!
The tread is quite old, but if you read me (or anyone who can have the reply to my question), I now customizing a Kurgan sword and I would like to know the size (high and diameter) of the "cone nails" used at the base of the blade.
6ril9m.jpg

I have bought a replica (surely not official), and the cones used are really to big...
czfcrp.jpg

I have temporary changed the cones, but those I have found looks too small (diameter 10mm, high 5mm).
mnoxd4.jpg

ptwyvz.jpg

So, it would be awesome if I can have the right dimensions!

Thank you very much ^^

irishamericanlad

Hello!
The tread is quite old, but if you read me (or anyone who can have the reply to my question), I now customizing a Kurgan sword and I would like to know the size (high and diameter) of the "cone nails" used at the base of the blade.
View attachment 1725804

I have bought a replica (surely not official), and the cones used are really to big...
View attachment 1725805

I have temporary changed the cones, but those I have found looks too small (diameter 10mm, high 5mm).
View attachment 1725806
View attachment 1725807

So, it would be awesome if I can have the right dimensions!

Thank you very much ^^
I believe half inch.

I believe half inch.
So bigger?

Well, if half inch is the correct measure it seems that the guard of my sword is really undersized... >_<)
A half inch cone would be a the same size of the higher edge of the guard, which is not correct visually.
gg7ie4.png

If I'm so undersized comparatively to the original prop, I will let the small cone, it's more harmonious than a too much bigger I think.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back