Kurgan sword case, from the film, complete relplica using original film prop

Texas Steel Props and Replica is still active on at least Instagram
There are rumors that Studio Canal contacted Daryl about his unlicensed swords, as the license hasn't been held by Daryl since, I'm told, 2015. Daryl's Facebook page also says that Daryl is taking a break for a while, and Mark Bitner (of raven and blade) is filling the orders for him.

Raven and Blade was also issued a Cease and Desist by a licencse holder for some of the Highlander movie swords, and Jose DeBraga's custom work for him, that may involve the things that were at Albion, as well.

Last edited:
I was offered a pre order for the first run, "almost finished" in 2014. Fortunately I wasn't ready to purchase until early 2015 and my wife talked me into waiting until the sword was ready to ship before plunking down thousands of dollars.
It's a real shame, this sword deserves better than getting lost in the land of dreams. :(

Unfortunately, this is a very common thing to have happen with a number of custom sword makers. I lost $2400 to Randal Graham in 2005 because of this sort of dirty practice, I was aware of Daryl doing it before this thread, and there were many others.

I don't pay that much in full anymore. You get partial payment, and when I get the tracking number, you get the rest.

Unfortunately, this is a very common thing to have happen with a number of custom sword makers. I lost $2400 to Randal Graham in 2005 because of this sort of dirty practice, I was aware of Daryl doing it before this thread, and there were many others.

I don't pay that much in full anymore. You get partial payment, and when I get the tracking number, you get the rest.
Happens with knife makers as well, one has to be extremely careful in the Sword and Movie/Tv Knife replica market

I am so close to having a complete costume, but I will need that sword!
There are a few options out there.

The version by Marto that I have no idea why they think they can charge as much as they are, I assume it was due to them having the license

There's this one that costs less, but the pommel is wrong

The Ryansword version that has a carbon steel blade that still isn't quite right

I'm not sure who made this one, but it's as close as I can find and not over 400 dollars that also makes it obvious that whoever listed it never watched the movie.

Happens with knife makers as well, one has to be extremely careful in the Sword and Movie/Tv Knife replica market
It's funny, there are the tales from back in medieval times where knights and nobles retaliated for this sort of action, so it's always been a problem in the knife/sword industry.

Daryl is a complete scammer. He means well, at least in the rare instances that he talks to you, but is a flake and a thief. Unfortunately, all too common in the hobby.

Sal must be spinning in his.......
I know. It's unfortunate this had to happen. There are projects in the works that I'm aware of, but I have no idea if anyone will release anything, as everyone that's working on things decided it's too much of a hassle to bother with between Daryl threatening them and the licenses.

Supposedly Pointgallery is launching a new website July 4 looks like a Mark Bitner is doing things now

It's all a tax dodge shell game. Point Gallery was Sal's company as far as I know.

At least Mark delivers swords, when you're not on the blacklist for printing a handle that someone else owns the rights to and said you could...

Raven and Blade is the supplier for the SXP thing that Adrian Paul is involved in, they have some really nice offerings, except they've been given a cease and desist for the Sword of Kane that is owned by someone else.

It's all dirty and gross. :(

Last edited:
Point gallery WAS Sals untill he handed it over to Darryl

Sal got fed up in the end and wanted out from what I gathered from my conversations with him

This is my replica Kurgan sword case I got from Daryl back in 2016. The two-piece aluminum blade did come from Daryl, too, a friend made it for him. The other (static) Kurgan sword components are production-made pieces from my personal collection.
DSC_1842-25%.jpg

Years ago, I was into collecting screen used Highlander swords and high-end replicas. The Kurgan sword was always one of my favourites. Here are two pics of screen used Kurgan swords I owned once.
Allenby Kurgan 2-25%.jpg

This is the restored hero Kurgan sword with a one-piece steel blade. It was in fact too heavy to wield for Clancy, so it was only used in a few scenes in the movie (Kurgan hacks the table in two in the mill, the Quickening after the beheading of Ramirez).

2706-0002b.jpg

A duralium-bladed "stunt" Kurgan sword. These type of Kurgan swords were originally made for the fight scenes, but they were also used as hero swords for close-ups. There are two other of these Kurgan swords in existence, both are in private collections.

In a facebook post awhile back Daryl said that he had made several Kurgan swords with carbon steel blades, did anyone here get one or have pics? I have not seen a finished one so I'm curious.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back