Kurgan Helmet clean up and cast...

The SU armor/helmet is Bronze "color". :thumbsup

I mean this in a non confrontational way...honest.
Do you have anything to back up the bronze color statement ?
I had always taken it for bone coloring as well.
Or is this a thing like brown bess being used on everything in Aliens, and then looking green on screen.

I mean this in a non confrontational way...honest.
Do you have anything to back up the bronze color statement ?
I had always taken it for bone coloring as well.
Or is this a thing like brown bess being used on everything in Aliens, and then looking green on screen.

Look at the photos I posted on the second page. (Post #49)
The helmet is clearly bronze, since it matches his chest armor.

I always assumed that his armor was made from some type of bone as well. I mean, it really does look rather organic.

you can always offer them in a bronze cold cast I think actual bronze would crush my head into my spine, of course I couldn't think of a single instance where I would need to wear it.

you can always offer them in a bronze cold cast I think actual bronze would crush my head into my spine, of course I couldn't think of a single instance where I would need to wear it.

Oh I'm the only one that would watch the movie wearing the helmet...chasing the cat around the house scream..."There can be only one!!!!"

Looks like Bone that has yellowed with age to me.

The chest armor is not bone as you can see in this pic. It is the color of bronze as well as the helmet.
You don't think they had the ability to sculpt and cast helmets in metal back then? Especially sculpt and cast a helmet into a skull to intimidate the enemy?

Kurgan1.jpg

The chest armor is bone as I can see in that pic. :D

The fact that they could cast bronze back then is irelevent.

As far as intimidating the enemy, when you can take any cut anywhere, as long as your head stays, on seriously Bro you dont need no stinkin armor! :lol

I read somewhere that one of the back storys was the Kurgan was bored killing men so he started hunting big cats, hence his helmet.

That one must have gave him, one helluva fight.

The chest armor is not bone as you can see in this pic. It is the color of bronze as well as the helmet.
You don't think they had the ability to sculpt and cast helmets in metal back then? Especially sculpt and cast a helmet into a skull to intimidate the enemy?

Kurgan1.jpg

The chest armor is bone as I can see in that pic. :D
Seriously, if you think any skeleton of any living animal, past or present could have been the source for that armor and helmet looking like that without being cast, you are seriously fooling yourself. The extra support down the sides on the skull jaw and the ab-section on the armor is clear evidence of that. That does NOT come naturally.

The fact that he hunted cats says nothing about what the armor is made of, only what he used to make the armor - and clearly he used the trophies of the animals he slew, but not whether they are the actual bones or they were just used for the mold creating the cast armor.

Bro, we are talking about armor that was used in a Movie about a race of Immortals who could only die if they were beheaded.

:lol That gives me A LOT of leeway in how serious I can be ! :lol

Still Looks like Bone to me! :D

Seriously, if you think any skeleton of any living animal, past or present could have been the source for that armor and helmet looking like that without being cast, you are seriously fooling yourself. The extra support down the sides on the skull jaw and the ab-section on the armor is clear evidence of that. That does NOT come naturally.

The fact that he hunted cats says nothing about what the armor is made of, only what he used to make the armor - and clearly he used the trophies of the animals he slew, but not whether they are the actual bones or they were just used for the mold creating the cast armor.

Bro, we are talking about armor that was used in a Movie about a race of Immortals who could only die if they were beheaded.

:lol That gives me A LOT of leeway in how serious I can be ! :lol

Still Looks like Bone to me! :D

He is an Immortal, but he'll die when his head gets whacked off. So, it only makes sense that he would be wearing a metal helm.

You're all wrong! It's plainly obvious that the ancient armorers were masters in the use of fiberglass and vac formed ABS. :p :wacko :lol

Neither do immortals. :lol

bonebonebonebonebonebone-dee-bonebone!

And for the record, yes, of course I understand that it's most likely metal.

...but it still looks like aged and weathered bone.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back