Knives Out (Post-release)

What did you think of Knives Out?

• Total voters
It doesn't look like the plot is gonna hold me. And I don't see enough comedy for that to be a draw for me.

I imagine I'll watch it on streaming eventually (I'll rent movies on Amazon, I just don't go to the theater for non action films these days), and just focus on getting to see the actors play character types I haven't seen them play before. Should be worth the $5.

Maybe it'll surprise me and be a new classic.

I dig the cast but the trailer did nothing for me..
The cast is stacked but I agree that the trailer didn’t do much

Huh. The old "show don´t tell" was broken, although it may have been done in the past. I mean, advertising a movie with "from the director of..." and "... a whodunnit like noone has done it before...", is that an attempt to subvert our expectations?

I am sure that movie is going to split the "whodunnit"-fandom right in the middle...

It looks great(cinematography), and may be great, but man... whenever that trailer would start up before End Game (and I saw EG theatrically WAY too many many times)... it got torturous.

Gonna try and make sure that doesn't pull me from seeing it, ha.

I'm sooooo glad I saw this in theaters. This movie was freaking fantastic! Everyone in the crowd applauded at the end, and I joined in with them. Stellar cast and kept me guessing up until the end.

Watched it last night. It felt like we were back to the Rian Johnson who directed Brick and The Brothers Bloom.

Watched the movie tonight. Pretty good flick. Wasn't fond of Looper or The Last Jedi, but this looked funny and I thought I'd give it a try. Think it will be the first Rian Johnson film I'll own. Don't know Brick or The Brothers Bloom. Might have to check them out.

I would not let the fact that Rian Johnson made The Last Jedi deter you from seeing this. This really is his return to form, and it's a very fun movie. A bit slow to get going but once it gets going it's a lot of fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back