Knives from The Hunger Games

a google search found me this:

the serration on the knife looks like a Tops knife - Tom Brown's serration
TOPS Knives.com
or could be
TOPS Knives.com
I'm just now sure about the exact model

that's just my guess - there's no official announcement regarding who supplied the knife

But Tom Brown Tracker was in "The Hunted"

When I first saw the serrations on the saw back I was thinking Tops knives considering how massive the serrations are on my Steel Eagle but after seeing the handle in Juno's picture none of the Tops knives match.

As far as the UC Nighthawk it doesn't seem to have the right handle or serrations and the Ka-Bar's handle looks close but only has a short length of serrations on the front bottom of the blade. The movie blade had a rather generous length of serrations and pretty sure they were on the back of the blade.

Some of those look pretty close, but the blade wasnt a tanto. and Juno, i had seen the picture already, but thanks for posting it! when i saw it the first time, i didnt think it was an actual shot from the movie because the handle almost didnt look propertional. Possibly its some form of a kabar knock off?

Edit: I found one that actually looks close. maybe its a smith and wesson: http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-CKSUR1-Bullseye-Search/dp/B000UUR6OI/ref=pd_sim_sg_27

Last edited:

That looks custom for the film. Production knives from Cold Steel, Gerber and Buck make it on the big screen several times, but this is very different from anything they released.

The Buckmaster [BUCK 184] has been used in several films including Band Of The Hand and Screamers. The Gerber BMF has also made a few appearances over the years.

It doesn't look like Jack Crain knife either.

I would say it is custom or a lesser knowm model that was not out for long

Man that thing has a huge guard! :lol

I have no idea about Katniss's knife, I've looked and can't find it, but I have IDed all of Clove's knives to the best of my knowledge. I've posted all the information here: Tumblr post

Training Knives: UC1255 Lightning Bolt Throwing Knives
Top of vest: Trademark Throwing Knives, possibly Linder Throwing Knives, very hard to tell just by the handles cause it’s pretty generic
Middle of vest: UC0926 Lightning Bolt Throwing Knives
Bottom of vest: GH947C Gil Hibben Cord Grip Throwing Knives
Knife held against Katniss’s neck/knife kept in leg sheath: Boker Mini BO-KRI

post from knifeforum.com about katniss's knife.

Trish designed the knife herself and it was made as a prop by a Prop House in L.A.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back