Knife Trick???

Jonezer

Hi, all. I'm new here. Be nice to me.
I am a Chicago-based designer/theatre artist, currently taking on one too many shows.
For too little money, of course.
I am looking for a GREAT looking spring-loaded trick knife. NOT the $4.00 or even $7.00 DELUXE
model readily available. This one needs to look impressive: wooden handle (I can paint plastic...)
6" blade. I don't need it to squirt blood. Not yet, anyway.

Where are these things available? Or, are they totally illegal? I'm sure they can be custom built,
but I doubt I have the skills and facilities for doing metal work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I dunno what is out there now, but if I was tasked with building one myself I'd want to avoid single-point failure. Which is; the blade should be of soft enough material so it is incapable of causing serious harm EVEN if the spring completely fails and causes it to lock in place. And look for plausible substitution of hero prop for trick prop; my example being the "Little Wonder" in Oaklahoma where it is demonstrated once, then appears to threaten Curly in an entirely different scene. Meaning it can be swapped for a non-functional version between scenes.

Heh. I don't remember the details, but apparently Callas threw herself into the stabbing of Scarpia the way she did into singing the role of Tosca, successfully drawing blood from the poor Tenor even with a fake knife.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back