Klingon Battlecruiser scratchbuild

That's a great design, Rel.
It's one thing drawing a design on paper, something else to actually build it.
It look very reptilian to me.
I'd like to have seen a longer, narrower neck, but hey it's far far superior than anything I could have either come up with or built!

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I think I'm about finished with the top now, I had to replace a few panels that were a little wonky that I didn't notice until I took the pic of it. It's hard to see in these pics, but I made a vent along the leading edge of the wing on each side. I also added a layer of hull plating on the larger panels.

I'll take better pics later because it's dark in here.

ri_ktinga41.jpg

ri_ktinga42.jpg

ri_ktinga43.jpg

Buddy, I'm starting staying away from your threads, because I KNOW, that I'm going to cry in awe. You really have to show this Doug Drexler, Rick Sternbach and John Eaves!

And it looks like from 2381!

Ok man that is awesome. Reminds me of the design I once saw, I think for Enterprise that had cableing going down the wings and neck.
Great work Rel!

Much appreciated.

I have it mounted on an aluminum internal armature, and mocked up the main body parts. I decided to break from tradition and put the impulse engines in the wings.

ri_ktinga_44.jpg

ri_ktinga46.jpg

ri_ktinga45.jpg

Man that thing looks frickin' huge! Galaxy size maybe? Makes me think of a cobra, definitely something reptilian with the plating. I know, the plates on the neck remind me of a Cardassian's neck plates! :thumbsup
Great detail in the rear. :cool
Funny, the way those clamps are arranged, they look like giant talons! :lol

Richard, seriously, how is it you don't work in the industry? Is it that there's no model making industry left? You have so much talent.

Looks fantastic! I'm curious about the internal lighting. I know you have tested the engines but any other plans for interior lighting?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back