Klingon Battlecruiser scratchbuild

Wowwie Wow! Thats an awesome looking scratch build you got going on there; I don't even get how you have the patience for making such a detailed model REL

This is totally awesome. I'm hoping my kitbash/scratchbuild of the U.S.S. Cavalier [blatant plug] comes out as well.

I'm wondering what you did for the greeblies in items #1, 2, 3 and 4 as marked on this picture. There's a level of detail that says "kit part," not "scratchbuilt" - and yet - I wonder. Any hints?

Wow. Such an accurate, smooth looking build. Looking through the WIPs you make it look almost like a breeze to do, but I can see that there's tons of work involved in getting all the details right. I should be so lucky to be able to build this well!

Defo on the grain silo, lack of. Your bridge looks meaner. The old ones always shouted "Shoot this bit first" to me.

My two cents on a colour scheme:
Somewhere between the darker greens of the movie-era ships and the more turquoise of the k'tinga with a bit of bird-of-prey red thrown in.
Image2.png

I'm not claiming it's any great quality, but it might give you some ideas. Personally, I think it will work quite well with the colours of the LEDs you have in there.

I'd have it a much darker shade of green for the main color, kind of a Deep Kelley Green; for the highlights, a blue-green would be nice. That dot on the upper housing I'd do a deep yellow, and some dark brown trim would be nice as well. If you're planning to weather it, that would be awesome.

The red was an afterthought, but I could see yellow working. Darker green would give it more of a movie-era look IMHO, but it's really up to REL. As I said, it was only a quick suggestion, but I do agree that weathering would look good.

Thanks for the color suggestions. My original idea was to make this ship just a ship of the line, a common destroyer or something. But I decided to make it a flagship instead. Here's what I have so far on the colors. I wanted the base color to be reminiscent of the original D7 paint.

ri_ktinga52.jpg

Last edited:
mmm, like it so far. But the two impulse engines (?) in red at the aft section doesn't really fit, I would have them painted in dark olive green as well as the bridge plating part. It's soo beautiful.

I like the toned down look, but didn't really dislike the first version. What's the other color on the wings? Is it gray, or is there some bluish-purple in there as well? The red might be throwing me off a bit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back