Kit of the USS Daedalus NCC-129?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lighting brightness could just be enhanced by the photography. Not sure if that's what it really looks like. If so I'm sure the crew have Starfleet issue sunglasses!!!

Looking forward to the decal installation.

No Will is right. When you shoot in the dark room like that the camera over exposes the lights.

They aren't that bright and they should be bright enough to be see in an office lighting environment. Few that I know work in a room or office by a single low light source.

Steve

So the RGB LEDS were just bugging me last night. Thought about it a lot and got up and hit All Electronics. Picked up a bunch of 3 mm flashers and a bag of resistors. The pictures tell the rest of the story but it worked out well.

The pictures as said before are brighter than in real life.

Randy will make boards of these simple flashers ready to go is there’s enough interest. Or make them on your own. And for you clever folks I bet you can squeeze in a geared motor and the bird cage.

But I’m real happy with them and tomorrow I’ll get back to painting and if the decals are here start sorting those out.

Aztek Dummy came through and I got all the stencils today! Thanks Lou.

I need to make a trip out this weekend to get the bussard domes and a few other things for the kits. Next Monday I start casting up kits.

The shipping to US with the box, bubble wrap and handling will be 15 bucks. Over seas 40. Both of those are priority mail for you folks that inquired.

Be sure to watch the short video. I really dislike the way camera over expose bright lights.

Steve

IMG_7296.jpg

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7306.jpg

YouTube - ‪daedalus2.wmv‬‏

I have to say that, while not a fan of this particular design, I'm really impressed with this build, and your tenacity for tweaking things that don't work for you. The alternating bussard colors was cool enough...but the fact that you went back and fiddled with it just impresses the heck out of me. As is par for the course with all of your builds, the work is precise, clean, and gorgeous. And I may even be warming up to the look of the ship as a result :)

Inspired. Thanks for sharing.

I really like the bussard effect. I think it SHOULD look more raw and dangerous than the more "refined" version that the Enterprise had later on. More like "new" technology

Glad the masks were what you were looking for, Steve.

cheers

I personally would like the effect better if you had a couple of "always on" LEDs. It just looks too "flashy" to me. Still a great build and I'm looking forward to getting the kit.

I'm sure you'll do what you did to that damn beautiful shuttle you made! But there are serious space issues inside those nacelles.

Steve

I really like the bussard effect. I think it SHOULD look more raw and dangerous than the more "refined" version that the Enterprise had later on. More like "new" technology

Glad the masks were what you were looking for, Steve.

cheers

Now you know? This is what I like to hear and was thinking the same but thought I'd be shot down in flames and burst hitting the ground.

Steve

I have to say that, while not a fan of this particular design, I'm really impressed with this build, and your tenacity for tweaking things that don't work for you. The alternating bussard colors was cool enough...but the fact that you went back and fiddled with it just impresses the heck out of me. As is par for the course with all of your builds, the work is precise, clean, and gorgeous. And I may even be warming up to the look of the ship as a result :)

Inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much!

I've enjoyed seeing every bit of this project, and here near the end I have a question. Where is the center of gravity of this model? I notice that the original (post #16) was mounted at a pretty steep angle.

---------------

Scott go back a few posts. I screwed up and got the bottom hull back ward. The CG is at the front of the secondary hull. The foam is there because I haven't glued the connector to the pole yet.

Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back