Khan's Necklace

Wasn't the reason for Khan's necklace in WOK to cover the seams of his prosthetic chest? Ever since I heard that his pecs were artificial, I always assumed that was the case.

I just refound this thread! These close ups are helpful, Thanks.
Nice snag on the center piece too! I still need to dig thru my radios for parts. I'm sure you're right on the coils, I'd found some available on the net I'm watching.
My other thought is that in the screen pics the ring part looks to be copper wound as well. Do the ferrite rings get copper wound? or maybe another style of coil with a loop attached?
The hex pieces are close. I was looking at the mounting base part for a CB antenna. Similar look.
How many of the coils have you got access to?
Cheers, Jeff

Yeah, no proof was ever really needed. I'm pretty sure we all knew his pecs were real.

My other thought is that in the screen pics the ring part looks to be copper wound as well. Do the ferrite rings get copper wound? or maybe another style of coil with a loop attached?
The hex pieces are close. I was looking at the mounting base part for a CB antenna. Similar look.
How many of the coils have you got access to?
Cheers, Jeff

Jeff, yes the ferrite rings get wound with the copper to make the coil.

Now that i have the other parts it looks like regular coax ends are too big for the hex. They need to be smaller. I have a few other ideas.

Not sure yet on quantity. :angel

That pic i posted is a bit confusing now that i look at it. Just to be clear, the brown part is an eight pin octal tube socket. Just the black part is the euro 4 pin din plug.

That pic i posted is a bit confusing now that i look at it. Just to be clear, the brown part is an eight pin octal tube socket. Just the black part is the euro 4 pin din plug.

Thanks ZK, I've got the octal sockets covered, and will start hunting for the plugs tomorrow. Let me know how the coils add up.
Cheers, Jeff

There is some kind of grey suede under the wires that the coils wrap around. It's the same material that is under the ribbon cable on his shoulder. I guess they used it to keep Richardo from getting chaffed.

I figured the nut things out. The scale was throwing me off. They are pretty small things. Way smaller than a coax end. It's a brass 1/4" threaded standoff drilled out and stuffed with a piece of brass tube. It's cut off on one end also. If you zoom in real close on the pic i posted above (which i took from Russ's interest thread) you can see the brass stub. I have not had any luck finding more big chokes yet. I did located a couple of the small ones and i am almost done making my first necklace. Every time i try to look i am rushed for time and can't look properly for quantity. The ferrites near his neck look like they are yellow in some of the screen shots i have. The only ones i have found that are the same size happen to be yellow. I found each in older ATX PC power supplies. Both were different make supplies so they must have been used in a few of them. I have to wrap one more coil with copper and will post a pic when i'm done.

Here is my necklace. I have not done anything with the back half because i have no clue what the real one had. I may incorperate some of the grey din plugs like the convention one. Not sure yet. I also left all the leads long until i get some grey stuff to put under it. Probably suede. I also have not soldered in the lower resistor and coil. That is where the buckle hangs from so i need to get that first before i solder those on.

DSC03838Medium.jpg

DSC03837Medium.jpg

comp.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I've been playing with the standoff (spacers) but hadn't drilled one out yet to accept 2 wires. They definately look the part to me as well. I'm not too sure about the suede though. All of the pics I've looked at show flesh between the wires.?.
I spliced the wires around the back to give it a smooth transition to the quick connect.
Since it's not visible at any time, I went for comfort and simplicity.
Lookin' good!
Jeff

Huh! I see "something" in that shot, but I can't find it in any others. Do you think it stops at the coil? or continues all the way down to the octal socket?
Jeff

I own the screen used necklace worn by the guy on the left...

twok0424.jpg

image.aspx

If there is anything backing Khan's necklace, I would imagine it would be this same grey suede/leather.

-Jay

Shatner explained once that he actually had a bathroom designed for Trek V... the scene was a bit ridiculous as it was Kirk and Spock at some urinals discussing going to Nimbus III.

The only reason he wanted to do it was because we've never really seen a 23rd century bathroom.

I believe the studio told him no.

So instead he snuck the toilet into the brig.

Right, because in the 26th century, transporter technology teleports the poo into the bog without you having to do anything, meaning there is no pooing in the 26th century. :love

Thanks Jay!
Were there any others for sale when you bought this one! Quite a find!
Jeff

No problem. I picked it up a few years ago in the It's a Wrap auctions as part of a "Khan's henchman lot". Included the following, plus a pair of pants, boots, the necklace and legwraps. (Please ignore the craptacular cell phone pic and lack of a proper display. Still getting my office/prop room set up :))

image.aspx

image.aspx

-Jay

Last edited:
Jay, thanks for sharing. Those are some great pieces. That "suede" on the necklace looks like the same stuff. Thank you.

Jeff, yes the suede band goes all the way to the octal. I see it in alot of shots. You can even see it in the burnt Khan pic. Here are some more pics.

comp2.jpg

Hi ZK, I'n not trying to be difficult, and it would certainly make sense to line it with something that wouldn't scratch Ricardo's sensitive million dollar skin, but I'm still seeing flesh and shadows from the wires in the pics. There's a couple spots that "could" be a liner, but could also be another wire.
Anyone else have an opinion?
Too bad Jay doesn't own this piece as well!
Cheers, Jeff

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back