Khan's Necklace

Hey Jeff, it's no biggie. I'll try one more time and then leave it at that. I'm going to use it on mine and it's all open to interpretation and personal taste.
From what i can tell there are 8 wires on the left, 5 go through the nut thing. The right has 7 wires and 4 go through the nut thing.
comp3.jpg

I need to make a proper belt with the seam in the middle and out of suede.
DSC03842Medium.jpg

DSC03840Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Great research, ZK. Can you not make framegrabs on your computer? Much better results than taking a photo of a screen.

Fantastic work in progress and incredibly helpful research guys.

I may have missed it but what specifically are the copper coiled rings on either side from/called? My electronics knowledge is lacking so some of the descriptions are going over my head.

Also, Jay any chance of seeing some more pics of the gloves and pants that came with the henchman costume? I'm making the whole Khan get-up and the gloves are particularly hard for anybody to nail down it seems. Thanks guys.

The rings are called ferrite rings. When you wrap them with wire they become coils or inductors. The rings i used were from old power supplies.

Got to love moms. She hooked me up with this really soft grey suede. Now i have to figure out the best way to cut and glue or sew it. I don't want to waste it. To stay flat i think i'm going to have to contact cement it together. I have some Landau top glue thats super strong and is made for attaching convertible tops.
I have a plug solution for connecting the wires at the back but not sure what to do on the suede. Maybe something like luke moonwalker has on his screen used piece. It would have to be much smaller though. No snaps, the suede would get torn up quick with those. I need to watch TWOK again and see if there are any other pieces on Starfleets uniforms that would look right.
Suede....
DSC03912Large.jpg

OK, so i'm an impatience so and so, i cut this out with the dremel this morning out of .035 brass. I'll pick up some rod today when i pickup my FE phone acrylic.
I will try to cut the star out tonight after work. Not looking forward to that.

I think the suede band will be a little narrower than this. I need to get some tape to protect the unglued areas so i dont make a mess of it when i glue it together. I'll do that this weekend.

DSC03913Medium.jpg

After some finger numbing filing i cut a star and tweeked the perimiter of the badge. The hobbie shop had some 1/4" brass rod so i got some and bent it around a 1 1/2" aluminum pipe and then opened it just enough to fit over a 2 1/4" hole cutting mandrel and stuck it in the oven at 500 degrees. I pulled it out of the oven and smacked it a little with a block of wood around the perimeter and stuck it in some ice water. When i took it off it held it's size pretty good. If i can find silver ring tommorow i'll have it done this weekend. I have to dremel down the ends where i have marker on it. I don't really want to mess with brazing the badge to the ring so i'll just go with JBweld.

DSC03918Medium.jpg

Back when Wrath of Khan first hit the theaters, I thought the pendant was
so cool that I made one. The necklace part has long since fallen apart and
been discarded, but I saved the pendant.

Here it is.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back