Khan's Necklace

It's discussions like this that prove my theory JJ Abrams is hardly the first guy to make a Trek film that completely ignores TOS continuity, and physics in general, but at least JJ knew just enough to use the alternate timeline excuse. I get the feeling Nick Meyer didn't know, and didn't give a **** about the inconsistencies, he just went full steam ahead and retcon'd the entire "regular" universe.

Being a Star Trek fan I have collected all that I can afford over the years, which includes most of the comics.
In a story a few years back (I do not remember so please don't ask) Sulu, Uhura and Chekov are reminiscing about past adventures on the Enterprise.
When it is Chekov's turn he mentions the harrowing ordeal with Khan! :eek Both Sulu and Uhura claim that he could not have met Khan as he was not on the ship yet. Chekov makes claim that he was indeed on board...in Engineering! He was promoted to the bridge later.
As mentioned in other posts this is not cannon but it did show a (comic) writers desire to explain the mystery! :thumbsup
I have to admit I really like Walter's explanation better! It would also explain why we, the audience, never saw Chekov till season two. After 5 series and 11 films I have yet to see a bathroom! :lol
Later, Petseal

Kirk is sitting on a toilet in the brig in Star Trek 5. Not a bathroom but...

KirkontheCrapper.jpg

In Babylon 5 they did a whole scene while Sinclair and Garabaldi are taking a leak.

Fasten then zip.

Last edited:
Don't forget the "Sonic Shower" in TMP. ;)

Kevin

OK, I stand (or sit actually) corrected! :thumbsup
I now recall that B'Elanna's room aboard Voyager has a sonic shower. So one would assume that where there is a shower there is the other necessities also!!!
Later, Petseal

It's discussions like this that prove my theory JJ Abrams is hardly the first guy to make a Trek film that completely ignores TOS continuity, and physics in general, but at least JJ knew just enough to use the alternate timeline excuse. I get the feeling Nick Meyer didn't know, and didn't give a **** about the inconsistencies, he just went full steam ahead and retcon'd the entire "regular" universe.

At least the Chekov reference in WOK didn't redefine anything. There were several possible explanations, none of which were needed to move the plot along. Anyway, how many people watched WOK for the first time and said "hey, Chekov wasn't part of the crew yet"!

I'll take that over "We waited around for Spock for 25 years" any time.

Shatner explained once that he actually had a bathroom designed for Trek V... the scene was a bit ridiculous as it was Kirk and Spock at some urinals discussing going to Nimbus III.

The only reason he wanted to do it was because we've never really seen a 23rd century bathroom.

I believe the studio told him no.

So instead he snuck the toilet into the brig.

I wonder if that scene would have been as disturbing as the scene on Boston Legal where Denny and Alan compared the strength of their streams while side-by-side at the urinal. Hilarious, yet disturbing... :lol

You just don't get it do you.

Nero was CRAZY, nutso cucoo, bonkers.

Waiting around for 25 years is not unusual for crazy people.

They must have stocked up on a butt-load of MRE's prior to getting sucked into the past.

25 years of Romulan MRE's. Mmmmm. That's good eatin'. :love

And for the record, I get it. I just think it's stupid.

Since Russ is doing the buckles and this looks to be the necklace thread i thought i'd put up some shots i took for id'ing. Interceptor, that center piece is keyed. You can see the notch in it here. I do believe it is a radio pot. The center "pin" looks different. Looks more like the potentiometer brass, i mean the part that turns on the other side.

DSC03746Medium.jpg

DSC03747Medium.jpg

DSC03741Medium.jpg

I'm really starting to think this nut looking thing is actually an older variety of coax end. Here is a 90's one i have some of but i think they are older.
DSC03725Medium.jpg

DSC03699Medium.jpg

Lastly a couple shots of the coils by the side of his neck.
DSC03750Medium.jpg

DSC03709Medium.jpg

Great first day of the year!!! Positive ID on the center parts and i found the neck coils. :love Found some small ones too but i'm not sure 100% on those yet.

The black part is a 4 pin european din plug.
Centerparts.jpg

Here are the coils. Ferrite is the wrong size, it should be a little bigger with a bigger hole.
DSC03765Large.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back