HAL1138

So...... An era has unfortunately come to pass. Baby Predator, after almost two years of awesome adventures and hunts, has finally retired. She has learned and grown, and practically BURST out of her skin like many a young Xeno.

Sad?......yes.......

Devastating?....... Perhaps not.

With every turn we make in our journey of life, new opportunities emerge. New paths take shape and reveal themselves.

I had a long discussion with the little huntress, and it turns out she has no intention of leaving the world of Predator. Kayla has a taste for the hunt.......... And this time, she has a desire for something bigger, something better, and something most definitely REDDER.

So we say farewell to the sweet cheeked blue treat....
Bln0aU_CAAA6sKfa.jpg

And hello and welcome to her future as...... BIG RED from "Dead End".
_bigred10.jpg

(insert happy clicks here)

YES.... that is correct, my hunt brothers and sisters. Kayla is going Big, Bad, and RED. I asked her what costume she wanted me to construct, and she immediately stated she wanted to be the red predator. What's a mother to do?

I mean..... look at that face..... How could you say no to that?
P1080054kayla.jpg

So I surrender without hesitation. The girl wants what she wants.

Baby predator was a fun build. It was carefree and spontaneous. No true blueprints, or expectations...... just made it up as I went along and let it develop naturally. BIG RED, on the other hand, will be a much different build. And Kayla, has developed "expectations". What can I say.... I've created a monster. lol

She also has certain requirements that she feels are necessary. The most important of these is............... NO CHEEKS! Kayla has always been a bit sensitive with her cuteness while in her predator costume. Near the end, she even made a demand that I warn people not to call her cute or adorable when she took her bio off........ Made the little tike want to rip out their spine and use it as a jump rope. Not her words, but a decent representation of her displeasure. ;)

I will be making this as accurate as possible. We have recently acquired a 3D printer that I am positively itching to use, so it will be a great learning experience on both levels.

Let the journey begin!

So......... After Comic Con this year I am going into full swing with my female Hive Master and Kayla's Little Red. I however have discovered a bit of a dilemma....... Kayla is a MONSTER!!!!

The little demon huntress wishes to push my building limits and force me to expand my skill horizons..... Its good to be challenged, so I have accepted her "requirements" for her new suit.

She not only wants an exact replica of the awesome Big Red, she wants me to pimp the suit out!!! Lights, motors, and sound. She wants the roars, the clicks, and a firing cannon with light and sound......yikes.

The problem is.... I have never done ANY of that....... EVER.

So, if anyone has a suggestion on where to go to get the best info for a beginning NOOB in this field, I would be most appreciative to a solid shove in the right direction. Books, videos, and anything else. Much thanks!!!

I'm sure you can do that ;) after all your builds gained fame all the way in the UK. And I am humble to even say "hey I know the mum who produced that! She's on the same Predator forum as me!'
From what I know lights/motors/sounds can be learned from youtube that's where people like Pete Mander learned how to do his lights etc.

Thanks Wreav.... I'll look it up and start studying.

And are you serious about Kayla reaching the UK? WOW... I know many have seen that one video, but never dreamed she would be know across the ocean.... very cool. :D

I sent you a message about it sometime around march. Yeah they loved the BB-8, they were eager to get you to join the facebook group. :p I was like I'll speak to her. It was nice seeing that your work reaches all parts of the world especially the UK! You should come to the UK and go to a convention in London some day :)

Nice! As far as motors are concerned, I think a good place to start would be the SWS, as it has has a video on animatronics. As far as lights, sound or other electronics I'd ask pelletta, as he really seems to have all of that down in his p1 gauntlet from what I've seen.

So...... An era has unfortunately come to pass. Baby Predator, after almost two years of awesome adventures and hunts, has finally retired. She has learned and grown, and practically BURST out of her skin like many a young Xeno.

Sad?......yes.......

Devastating?....... Perhaps not.

With every turn we make in our journey of life, new opportunities emerge. New paths take shape and reveal themselves.

I had a long discussion with the little huntress, and it turns out she has no intention of leaving the world of Predator. Kayla has a taste for the hunt.......... And this time, she has a desire for something bigger, something better, and something most definitely REDDER.

So we say farewell to the sweet cheeked blue treat....
View attachment 129040

And hello and welcome to her future as...... BIG RED from "Dead End".
View attachment 129041
(insert happy clicks here)

YES.... that is correct, my hunt brothers and sisters. Kayla is going Big, Bad, and RED. I asked her what costume she wanted me to construct, and she immediately stated she wanted to be the red predator. What's a mother to do?

I mean..... look at that face..... How could you say no to that?
View attachment 129042

So I surrender without hesitation. The girl wants what she wants.

Baby predator was a fun build. It was carefree and spontaneous. No true blueprints, or expectations...... just made it up as I went along and let it develop naturally. BIG RED, on the other hand, will be a much different build. And Kayla, has developed "expectations". What can I say.... I've created a monster. lol

She also has certain requirements that she feels are necessary. The most important of these is............... NO CHEEKS! Kayla has always been a bit sensitive with her cuteness while in her predator costume. Near the end, she even made a demand that I warn people not to call her cute or adorable when she took her bio off........ Made the little tike want to rip out their spine and use it as a jump rope. Not her words, but a decent representation of her displeasure. ;)

I will be making this as accurate as possible. We have recently acquired a 3D printer that I am positively itching to use, so it will be a great learning experience on both levels.

Let the journey begin!
So awesome....coolest kids ever!!! The future looks bright with your babies leading the way

Greetings Hunt Brothers and Sisters!

No... I am not dead. ;)

I will eventually post Kayla's build on this thread, but will have to do it later since I am pressed for time to get it done in 2 weeks. Yes, you read that right. Little Red will be completed for her debut at San Diego ComicCon this year. Hooray!!!

If you are planning on going and want to meet her in person, let me know. Kayla, her Daddy, and her Hunt Brother (friend of the family) will be hunting on Saturday.

I still havn't started my Pred suit so I will be managing the monsters. ;)
View attachment 269871

IMG_20180629_181206_169.jpg

She looks great! Love her poses.

Need to practice with my daughter. She tends to just stand there.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back