Just the badge, ma'ame

Doh2

Sr Member
Huge Dragnet fan here, and was looking around for a nice replica of the Joe Friday badge. The only topic I could find here was this:

...and it had no replies. Luckily, it didn't take long to find a reasonably priced eBay seller:

My copy. Ignore the crap photo; the item I received has some nice heft to it, and the lettering is pristine!

51176445839_23fb39b98b_o.jpg
Badge 714 cropped

Thanks for posting that website: I now want to pick up a Joe Friday ID card as well. I think I might mix it up and get the black & white version.

Also need a wallet, but my search so far is coming up empty: Joe's in the color TV show opened from bottom to top, with the badge on the bottom. Most of the ones I've found so far are side-to-side. OR the flip-up ones have the badge on top. I did find what looks like a close match -- but it runs about $80 bucks. Looking for something closer to $30.

I don’t know if they did this for Dragnet, but the LAPD issues what they call a ‘flat shield’ which has a small clip on the back, for officers to mount in a case with their ID card. It doesn’t have the curve that the ones worn on the uniforms and the belt clips usually have. You can see one in Predator 2.

Thanks for that info, Unicorn. That could easily explain why it doesn't quite affix to my wallet. Great badge, though!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back