JUst picked up a CC x-wing, just a quick question

Don't do that.... simply obtain a front or rear main seal at an auto parts store. The springs inside are perfect for hoses. Guitar cable works well for the smaller diameters. The problem with wound copper wire is that it looks like wound wire, especially when bent or formed around corners.

No... you need springs!

Any particular main seals I should be looking for? I don't want to spend too much on these things.

Thanks,
Fred

Any particular main seals I should be looking for? I don't want to spend too much on these things.

Thanks,
Fred

Cheap ones!

In any event, if you can't use those, you might try hardware stores or check online for springs. Be sure they're the very flexible variety. You don't want them too 'stiff'. A 3 or 4mm diameter should suffice for scale for the larger hoses.

Cheap ones!

In any event, if you can't use those, you might try hardware stores or check online for springs. Be sure they're the very flexible variety. You don't want them too 'stiff'. A 3 or 4mm diameter should suffice for scale for the larger hoses.

Cool :thumbsup Thanks for the info, HS.

-Fred

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back