Jurassic World

Just skimming through this thread, and the thing I notice seems to pop up often is that training raptors is just dumb. My dad is an animal trainer; he has worked with many animals (including tigers), he's even wrote a book on the subject, and he told me this is completely plausible. Any animal can be trained.
Now, riding next to them on a motorcycle is a completely different story :lol. After watching the trailer, he told me that he'll have to suspend his beliefs as a animal trainer for that scene; and that if he tried to do that with the tigers from Ocean Journey, the HIGHLY TRAINED animals would have snapped or scratched at him.
Since I was little though, I wondered why they didn't just train the velociraptors from birth to be more tame. Not people friendly, or domesticated, but (how do I put this?) less likely to try and kill masses of people:lol. So I'm actually excited to see to what extent they are trained in the film.

Also... He pointed out they would never be able to keep an animal the size of a Mosasaur alive; wouldn't be able to provide enough food. But that could be debated.

Last edited:
Just skimming through this thread, and the thing I notice seems to pop up often is that training raptors is just dumb. My dad is an animal trainer; he has worked with many animals (including tigers), he's even wrote a book on the subject, and he told me this is completely plausible. Any animal can be trained.
Now, riding next to them on a motorcycle is a completely different story :lol. After watching the trailer, he told me that he'll have to suspend his beliefs as a animal trainer for that scene; and that if he tried to do that with the tigers from Ocean Journey, the HIGHLY TRAINED animals would have snapped or scratched at him.
Since I was little though, I wondered why they didn't just train the velociraptors from birth to be more tame. Not people friendly, or domesticated, but (how do I put this?) less likely to try and kill masses of people:lol. So I'm actually excited to see to what extent they are trained in the film.

Also... He pointed out they would never be able to keep an animal the size of a Mosasaur alive; wouldn't be able to provide enough food. But that could be debated.

If they can clone extinct animals from fossilized DNA, then cloning food sources shouldn't be that much of a stretch...

Nah, gotta go with Dino Riders for trained Dinos! I remember the toys but I only ever saw the first episode... It was epic.

http://5illy.me/wardpress/wp-conten...dino-riders-background-wallpaper-desktop-.jpg

Son of a... you know I had almost been able to forget about that god awful.... I have no idea what to call them :facepalm
Horrible things :lol :lol

If they can clone extinct animals from fossilized DNA, then cloning food sources shouldn't be that much of a stretch...

I don't know.. I mean cloning say 20 animals that might live for 20 years is a heck of a lot different than cloning 20 animals/DAY to feed a single animal seems like a whole other issue.

I was a kid in the 1980s and I always thought the dinosaur/hi-tech combinations were kinda dumb.

The term "jumped the shark" was still another 15 years away but that's basically how I felt when Transformers introduced the Dino-bots.

Could be, but I'm not really sure of a trailer announcement this time. I think we will see 1 minute TV spot during Super Bowl followed by a extended 2 and 1/2 minutes full trailer online.

"We set out to make Indominus the most fearsome dinosaur ever to be displayed at Jurassic World. The genetic engineers at our Hammond Creation Lab have more than delivered. At first glance, Indominus most closely resembles a T. Rex. But its distinctive head ornamentation and ultra-tough bony osteoderms can be traced from Theropods known as Abeliosaurs. Indominus’ horns have been placed above the eye orbit through genetic material hybridized from Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Rugops and Giganotosaurus. Fearsome indeed.
Indominus’ roar is estimated to reach 140-160db—the same as a 747 taking off and landing. And it can reach speeds of 30 mph…while confined to its enclosure. Come experience Indominus Rex for yourself beginning this summer. If you dare."

indominus-rex.jpg

"Come experience Indominus Rex for yourself beginning this summer. If you dare."

No+thank+you_fcf313_3517821.jpg

Seriously, why would anyone in their right mind want to go see that? On the "Stupid Idea" scale, it ranks up there with combining the worst traits of the all the deadly animals of Australia, sticking it onto a body made of nightmares, giving it an extremely bad temper, and letting people buy them as pets.

Grumpus Catasaurus does not chase you. He employs his withering stare until you flee his territory. Known to stare down whole packs of Velociraptors, even once made Indiana "Star Lord" Jones doubt himself and huddle crying under a large tree for several hours. ;)

"We set out to make Indominus the most fearsome dinosaur ever to be displayed at Jurassic World. The genetic engineers at our Hammond Creation Lab have more than delivered. At first glance, Indominus most closely resembles a T. Rex. But its distinctive head ornamentation and ultra-tough bony osteoderms can be traced from Theropods known as Abeliosaurs. Indominus’ horns have been placed above the eye orbit through genetic material hybridized from Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Rugops and Giganotosaurus. Fearsome indeed.
Indominus’ roar is estimated to reach 140-160db—the same as a 747 taking off and landing. And it can reach speeds of 30 mph…while confined to its enclosure. Come experience Indominus Rex for yourself beginning this summer. If you dare."

View attachment 432811

And they apparently gave it teeth from the Baryonyx and Spinosaurs making it a gigantic, fast, and fearsome fish eater.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/No+thank+you_fcf313_3517821.jpg

Seriously, why would anyone in their right mind want to go see that? On the "Stupid Idea" scale, it ranks up there with combining the worst traits of the all the deadly animals of Australia, sticking it onto a body made of nightmares, giving it an extremely bad temper, and letting people buy them as pets.

Indominus Rex is missing the imposing beaver tale and duck bill of the fearsome platypus

Good comparison shot of the CGI, which was obviously still work in progress when the first trailer hit. Notable difference on the creature, the water effects and the mountain range in the background, with the monorail track being removed.

B8zDjaRCcAEjcHL.png:large

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back