ScreenUsed July Summer Auction catalog now online

Original film & television memorabilia dealer, ScreenUsed, has announced they will be holding an online auction consisting of original props, costumes, and ephemera on July 12th. The auction consists of 420 lots of original props, costumes, and ephemera from popular movie and television shows.

Below is the press release from ScreenUsed announcing the auction:

San Jose, California – June 22, 2014 -

ScreenUsed, co-owned by Desi DosSantos and Jeff Castillo, have announced today their company will hold it’s seventh on-line auction through iCollector.com.

Summer is rolling in, and so is our next auction on July 12th at 10am Pacific Time. As usual, we have quite a variety of productions for this auction, with over 400 items.

First off, we have an impressive Superman bodysuit worn by Christopher Reeve in Superman III, and it comes with a Warner Bros. Studio COA confirming its authenticity. With the proliferation of questionable Superman costumes on the market, this is important.

From Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, we have both an Austin Powers’ Trademark Outfit, and a Dr. Evil Outfit, both worn by Mike Myers. The auction has a well-rounded Star Trek collection with items from many of the franchise films and TV shows, including main costumes for Spock, Captain Picard, Commander William T. Riker, Dr. Bashir, Lt. Commander Data, Dr. McCoy, and a rare Starfleet Spacesuit from The Wrath of Khan. Star Wars is represented with Yoda’s hand from The Empire Strikes Back, as well as a Death Star section from Return of the Jedi. Also in the auction is a very rare to acquire Abe Sapien Costume used by Doug Jones in Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Of course we have several other pieces with a few listed below.

There are no reserves on our lots; the starting price is where the auction starts. Here are some additional highlights from the auction:

- Austin Powers: Intl Man of Mystery – Austin Powers’ Trademark Outfit (Mike Myers)
– Austin Powers: Intl Man of Mystery – Dr Evil’s Outfit (Mike Myers)
– Edward Scissorhands – Kim’s White Dress (Winona Ryder)
– Hellboy II: The Golden Army – Abe Sapien Costume (Doug Jones)

Hellboy2AbeSapienEM.png

– Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – Sankara Stone
– Jurassic Park – Jeep and Explorer License Plates

JurassicParkJeepPlateEM.png

– Men In Black – James Edwards’ Outfit (Will Smith)
– Seinfeld (TV) – Jerry Seinfeld’s Jacket
– Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – Starfleet Spacesuit
– Star Trek V: The Final Frontier – Spock’s Starfleet Commando Uniform (Leonard Nimoy)
– Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (TV) – Bashir’s Starfleet Uniform (Siddig El Fadil)
– Star Trek: First Contact – Captain Picard’s Starfleet Uniform (Patrick Stewart)
– Star Trek: The Motion Picture – Dr. McCoy’s Class ‘D’ Starfleet Uniform (DeForest Kelly)

STMPMcCoyEM.png

– Star Trek: The Next Generation (TV) – Commander William T. Riker’s Starfleet Uniform (Jonathan Frakes)
– Star Trek: The Next Generation (TV) – Lt. Commander Data’s Starfleet Uniform (Brent Spiner)
– Star Trek: Voyager (TV) – Hero Illuminating Starfleet Medical Tricorder
– Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back – Yoda’s Hand
-- Superman III – Superman’s Bodysuit (Christopher Reeve)

Superman3ReeveEM.png

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 12.31.09 PM.pngWhile I love props and prop collecting, this one seemed an unusual item, seeing as it's just a paper bag with two holes cut out.

Last edited:
I know, we said the same thing about the paper bag, but when it comes with a bunch of props from the production, what do you do with it? It was an actual prop that was there. So maybe it's a nice beginning collector piece if someone likes the movie. We don't pick and choose the props and throw out ones we don't find valuable. So there it is, if someone would like it.

Desi

Looks like a lot of other interesting props, though. I skimmed over the actual page...is this an online only auction, meaning the props are not available to see in person before bidding?

Correct, it is online only. If you have any questions about the pieces ahead of time, just email us (sales@screenused.com) and we get the info for you. The catalog is nice to look through, but once you want to see more detailed pictures, make sure to see the item listed on our website because the highest res pictures are there, as well as many more pictures for most items. In the catalog we really only have room for 1-2 pictures of each item.

Desi

This is kind of a silly question, but as I've never been a part of a ScreenUsed auction before, is there a ton of bidding on the props? Are the starting prices close to the end prices? I guess in the end it is always what the prop is and who would want it etc. Since it's online, I'm just not sure how it goes. Any thoughts? I'm interested on one piece, but who knows. Thanks.

Are the starting prices close to the end prices?

As with any auction, almost impossible to say. I have seen pieces that I thought people would be killing one another over not sell at all, and pieces I thought you couldn't give away go for crazy prices. The thing is, all you need is two people who REALLY want a particular piece to drive the price into the atmosphere. I don't know that anyone could predict a final price with great accuracy.

Thanks Art. Anyone have any idea how many people these auctions draw? I'm going to guess the prop I want will go out of my price range but one can hope. Thanks again.

There's 2 items that I'm planning to bid on but yeah it's very hard to tell with these auctions. Just make sure that you have a phone or device available if you're going to be away from home so you can keep track of bidding. Good luck to everyone!

View attachment 341575While I love props and prop collecting, this one seemed an unusual item, seeing as it's just a paper bag with two holes cut out.

I realize I should probably make a junkyard post for this, but if anyone is interested I am starting a run of exact replicas of this item...40 bucks plus shipping. Contact me if you're a suck...er...interested. ;p

Seriously I'm curious to see if someone actually buys this.

Oh and Stencil, I second Art's comments. It's a finicky and interesting thing an auction...but best of luck and you never know!!

-M

Last edited:
Darn I was overbid. :(. The guidance chips from the Rock just went to high. It even only felt like one other bidder was against me. Darn.

I hope everyone got what they wanted.

I went after a underworld peice since no one bid on it by the time they were a few items away from it. but Sadly at the end someone out bid me. Oh well, get to save the money for propstores auction. Which I think could go crazy depending on items.

nice write up on thepropstop. I do enjoy reading your reviews and updates.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back