Jurassic World Lowery

my shirt came in yesterday and its the blue one not grey. So im back in the hunt. Did anyone already find one?

I managed to get a blue Salt Valley shirt on eBay the weekend the movie came out just as a back-up to not finding a gray one. What did my Mom say? Oh that one looks fine. She doesn't it, haha. Right after opening weekend I also stopped into UO and they did a storewide search of the shirt's SKU and company-wide it came up with zero inventory. I just wish I knew of a better or easier way to track one down!

I have some glasses that are pretty close, just not two dots on each side of the from of the frame, the Casio watch, the vintage baseball JP tee - although not quite SA to what he was wearing. I looked at some Clarks chukkas since that seemed to be identified as what his shoes were but to me they didn't seem very comfy and were over $100 and the guy at the store said they hardly ever go on sale.

Here is another item of discussion regarding Lowery on something I found interesting. I tried tweeting the director and actor but got no reply. I found it interesting that he didn't wear an ID badge. When Hoskins enters he shows his InGen badge and when Owen enters the control room the security guard tries to stop him for not having one. Yet Lowery doesn't appear to have one. I looked carefully in every shot he is in plus in set photos and B-roll. Plus he gets to stay in the control room when InGen takes over, is the one who stays behind, knows all of the access codes - ie can open Paddock 9, etc Considering the park had been open for 8-10 yrs, I am curious how many of those he had worked there and why it was he didn't need a badge. And if he had a badge and it was always just say hidden under the front bottom of his Salt Valley shirt - what was the creative reason for that?

Alright, so I bought the blue version of the Salt Valley Shirt. After bleaching the shirt the first time for two days it came out dark pink.
11728323_10200568865939463_448102032_o.jpg

Then I bleached it again for another two days, still pink, but very light.
11717023_10200575768232016_414754459_n.jpg

After that a bought a machine wash dye. Antique Grey from Dylon. The amount of color I used might not have been enough, it's a greenish gray now. It looks like the shirt on screen, but not like the shirt as seen on the UO website. But I'm happy with it as it is now.
11751319_10200578336456220_898715634_n.jpg

Only downside of coloring, the embroidery is also gray :p I've spend like 8 hours coloring in all the small embroidery and I think it's gonna cost me another 3 or 4 hours. It takes some time, but its affordable and fun!
11748710_10200579127956007_373077988_n.jpg

Last thing I need to buy are the glasses. Since the exact thing has not been identified yet I'll go for something close that's good for everyday use too. Same for the shoes.

whoa man, that looks amazing, and because of all the filter/lighting issues the movie had as evidenced by the Owen shirt color the color looks even better then the original.

If anybody's looking for close or "good enough" shoes, I picked up a good pair of leather chukkas on clearance in my local Target today. They're Merona Men's Ethan boots in Brown. I don't think they're still available online, but the DPCI number is 098 00 5417. If you call customer service with that number they should be able to tell you if there are any available in store. They're on sale for $14.98.

I decided to give the blue shirt bleaching method a try as well. I ended up finding one on ebay, submitted an offer, and immediately after I found a second one at a lower price than the first one I submitted the offer for so I got two of the shirts.

So when I went to buy the dye, I saw the Rit Color Remover and bought a box of that to give it a try. Unfortunately 1 box isn't enough for "bleaching" and the outside label doesn't even tell you that. The inside of the box has the directions and tells you how many boxes to buy depending on your goal, but I digress. Here's the results after using 1 box of the color remover in the washer, left shirt is a dried original color, right shirt is still wet after the treatment.
bnE14nJl.jpg

I knew even after multiple treatments that wasn't going to cut it, so I started bleaching. After about two hours with slightly diluted bleach (maybe 50:50? maybe more water than that), and I added another blue cotton shirt as a control. The Salt Valley shirt is on the left.
yaoP32ul.jpg

After another 4 hours. I was getting ansy so I figured this was light enough. Still a bit pink and oddly the areas where the fabric is doubled up it still shows a bit blue.
4lGJDRql.jpg

And now with the Rit Pearl Gray dye. Agitated in the wash for about 45 minutes. So pink and gray end up making purple. I might try to rebleach it or redye it, not sure. It's definitely more purple than the pictures show. The colors on the collar and the cuffs seemed to have evened out enough.
nNoW8XEl.jpg

So yea, I have fabric markers to color the embroidery blue and red. Still trying to decide if I want to try to recolor the entire shirt or just keep it as is. I might color the second one before proceeding with the first one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back