Jurassic World Lowery

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Frank, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank Active Member

Anyone else doing this one?, My GF wants to do a Rule 63 Owen Grady and I thought it would go along. I searched and didnt find anything,

tumblr_nowt7z5I4z1tc05ego1_500.jpg

For the glasses someone suggested these http://www.ebay.com/itm/391079031443
    And the tee shirt http://www.ebay.com/itm/281723233096?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Anyone know where I can find the shirt? or something like it?

Is the one he wears in this youtube clip a different shirt? Seems like another shade.https://youtu.be/qyXnDiYOy_w

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. fantomas

fantomas New Member

Re: Lowery -Jurassic World

All the info is still in Owen's thread. I had asked a mod in my post to move them all to their own thread but I'm sure the mods don't have time to go through and read every post.

I'm the one that posted up those glasses, have them on order. Of course these are reading glasses but in the picture the bottom of where the frame cuts off is more flat that any of the other glasses I've been able to find. Of course they very well could be Ray-Bans http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ray-Ban-RB-...411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3ad4e5c3 (assuming those are authentic) but they look so similar and without anyone actually confirming they're Ray-Ban Clubmasters it's a crapshoot as to what is actually used on screen.

As for the shirt, that seems to be most accurate, but doesn't look vintage/distressed. Shipping from China though. I've never done an iron-on tee shirt design but wonder if that would help it along with the distressing process. Could even pre-vintage the logo before printing it. Actually, this shirt looks better http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jur...-In-Jurassic-World-Jake-Johnson-/231597506642

From the Owen thread, they say the shirt is from Urban Outfitters and is "Salt Valley" brand. I've done google image searches and haven't been able to find a picture of the shirt anywhere. BUT, the guy that dressed as Owen for the premier even though he looks exactly like Jake Johnson coincidentally owns the shirt and it's pretty clearly Salt Valley. That clip you posted is probably most accurate since they use filters during filming which has been a big point of contention on many colors in Jurassic Park (the Red paint on the Jeeps, dino handler BDU colors, helmet color, etc).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

anyone know the right toy dinos he has there on his desk? would be fun to carry around accurate ones.

4. Frank

Frank Active Member

Gaahh, my eyes hurt from looking at shirts trying to get lucky on ebay, But Im not giving up. We know the model and manufacturer, Salt Valley Terrence from UO.

Im not entirely convinced its a regular teeshirt, I saw some pretty convincing evidence its a baseball tee.

The off brand clubmasters look better IMHO. The real ones look pretty round.

5. Frank

Frank Active Member

I found and bought the UO shirt, when it's here I'll take pictures.

6. fantomas

fantomas New Member

where did you find it?

7. joshspiderman23

joshspiderman23 Sr Member

Awesome yea a source would be much appreciated

8. TheStig

TheStig Active Member

I think this is supposed to be the vintage Jurassic Park shirt. It's currently out of stock, I'm checking with the site to see if any more will be in stock soon.

9. joshspiderman23

so doing some digging on the button shirt it is a UO salt valley as was stated earlier and called the "Terrence" which came in blue and grey
    adwda.png

10. Frank

Frank Active Member

I found the shirt under a very generic name on Grailed.com

Im still torn between a baseball tee and a regular tee, though I am almost convinced its a baseball.

Gonna pickup the watch sometime next week. Cant wait. Its a Casio Men's A158W-1

a158w.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  11. McGraph

McGraph Active Member

Im also interested in this. I figure its probably a mixture of schilich and papo with some generics thrown in. In still trying to identify. if there is anyone with a better pic of the dinos on his desk I would be much obliged. This is the best I have found. uploadfromtaptalk1435345601661.jpg

12. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Those aren't the same dino's from Firefly are they?

13. McGraph

McGraph Active Member

No but that would have been awesome.

14. joshspiderman23

what generic name?

15. Frank

Frank Active Member

Theres a salt valley shirt on Ebay right now, if anybody is interested

16. fantomas

fantomas New Member

Whats the item number?

17. Frank

Frank Active Member

18. fantomas

fantomas New Member

Thanks. Not sure why it didn't trigger my alert. Anywho, I'm interested to see how much people are going to shell out for it.

19. fantomas

fantomas New Member

Well that listing ended early... it was up to $67, I wonder how much one of you offered the seller to end it early???

20. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

Just in case anybody was also interested in doing accurate makeup, the tattoo on Lowery's inner right forearm is not one of Jake's and was done for the character. It's a line art fire hydrant. Hope that's helpful to someone. :)

21. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

Right arm when looking at him, but it's actually his left arm. Sorry, should have been more specific about that.

22. Frank

Frank Active Member

my shirt came in yesterday and its the blue one not grey. So im back in the hunt. Did anyone already find one?

23. mhansen

mhansen New Member

I managed to get a blue Salt Valley shirt on eBay the weekend the movie came out just as a back-up to not finding a gray one. What did my Mom say? Oh that one looks fine. She doesn't it, haha. Right after opening weekend I also stopped into UO and they did a storewide search of the shirt's SKU and company-wide it came up with zero inventory. I just wish I knew of a better or easier way to track one down!

I have some glasses that are pretty close, just not two dots on each side of the from of the frame, the Casio watch, the vintage baseball JP tee - although not quite SA to what he was wearing. I looked at some Clarks chukkas since that seemed to be identified as what his shoes were but to me they didn't seem very comfy and were over $100 and the guy at the store said they hardly ever go on sale.

Here is another item of discussion regarding Lowery on something I found interesting. I tried tweeting the director and actor but got no reply. I found it interesting that he didn't wear an ID badge. When Hoskins enters he shows his InGen badge and when Owen enters the control room the security guard tries to stop him for not having one. Yet Lowery doesn't appear to have one. I looked carefully in every shot he is in plus in set photos and B-roll. Plus he gets to stay in the control room when InGen takes over, is the one who stays behind, knows all of the access codes - ie can open Paddock 9, etc Considering the park had been open for 8-10 yrs, I am curious how many of those he had worked there and why it was he didn't need a badge. And if he had a badge and it was always just say hidden under the front bottom of his Salt Valley shirt - what was the creative reason for that?

24. TB-7021

TB-7021 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I went for the blue shirt. It's a lot of work, but I bleached it, dyed it and now I'm repainting all the embroidery...

25. Frank

Frank Active Member

You gotta post pics

26. TB-7021

Alright, so I bought the blue version of the Salt Valley Shirt. After bleaching the shirt the first time for two days it came out dark pink.
    11728323_10200568865939463_448102032_o.jpg

Then I bleached it again for another two days, still pink, but very light.
    11717023_10200575768232016_414754459_n.jpg

After that a bought a machine wash dye. Antique Grey from Dylon. The amount of color I used might not have been enough, it's a greenish gray now. It looks like the shirt on screen, but not like the shirt as seen on the UO website. But I'm happy with it as it is now.
    11751319_10200578336456220_898715634_n.jpg

Only downside of coloring, the embroidery is also gray :p I've spend like 8 hours coloring in all the small embroidery and I think it's gonna cost me another 3 or 4 hours. It takes some time, but its affordable and fun!
    11748710_10200579127956007_373077988_n.jpg

Last thing I need to buy are the glasses. Since the exact thing has not been identified yet I'll go for something close that's good for everyday use too. Same for the shoes.

27. Frank

Frank Active Member

whoa man, that looks amazing, and because of all the filter/lighting issues the movie had as evidenced by the Owen shirt color the color looks even better then the original.

28. TB-7021

Thanks! Here is the finished shirt.

IMG_20150721_112031.JPG

I'll take some better pics when the glasses are in and my beard is gone :p

29. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Active Member

That shirt looks excellent. Great work.

30. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I agree, fantastic job on the shirt man!!!

31. Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn New Member

If anybody's looking for close or "good enough" shoes, I picked up a good pair of leather chukkas on clearance in my local Target today. They're Merona Men's Ethan boots in Brown. I don't think they're still available online, but the DPCI number is 098 00 5417. If you call customer service with that number they should be able to tell you if there are any available in store. They're on sale for $14.98.

32. TheWaitingRoman

TheWaitingRoman Active Member

I have the real one in front of me and that is ridiculously close. Good work.

33. section33

section33 Member

Figured I'd post up my Lowery that i brought out to London FIlm and Comic Con last weekend - I loved wearing this!
    11745672_498657496965592_9030600517008803667_n.jpg 1780045_803708616417156_7037196682892268762_o.jpg
    11745609_805051592949525_6113145295999450258_n.jpg

34. TB-7021

Thanks guys!

And great costume you got there!

35. TheWaitingRoman

TheWaitingRoman Active Member

36. section33

section33 Member

THANKS! :) Really shocked by how well recieved it was!

37. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

Awesome costume section33!

section33 likes this.
  38. TB-7021

_IGP0031-LoweryRes.jpg

Attached Files:

39. fantomas

fantomas New Member

40. fantomas

fantomas New Member

I decided to give the blue shirt bleaching method a try as well. I ended up finding one on ebay, submitted an offer, and immediately after I found a second one at a lower price than the first one I submitted the offer for so I got two of the shirts.

So when I went to buy the dye, I saw the Rit Color Remover and bought a box of that to give it a try. Unfortunately 1 box isn't enough for "bleaching" and the outside label doesn't even tell you that. The inside of the box has the directions and tells you how many boxes to buy depending on your goal, but I digress. Here's the results after using 1 box of the color remover in the washer, left shirt is a dried original color, right shirt is still wet after the treatment.
    [​IMG]

I knew even after multiple treatments that wasn't going to cut it, so I started bleaching. After about two hours with slightly diluted bleach (maybe 50:50? maybe more water than that), and I added another blue cotton shirt as a control. The Salt Valley shirt is on the left.
    [​IMG]

After another 4 hours. I was getting ansy so I figured this was light enough. Still a bit pink and oddly the areas where the fabric is doubled up it still shows a bit blue.
    [​IMG]

And now with the Rit Pearl Gray dye. Agitated in the wash for about 45 minutes. So pink and gray end up making purple. I might try to rebleach it or redye it, not sure. It's definitely more purple than the pictures show. The colors on the collar and the cuffs seemed to have evened out enough.
    [​IMG]

So yea, I have fabric markers to color the embroidery blue and red. Still trying to decide if I want to try to recolor the entire shirt or just keep it as is. I might color the second one before proceeding with the first one.

41. JurassicFirefly

JurassicFirefly New Member

I basically cosplay him every day because thats exactly how i dress (i own to many jurassic park shirts) and i happen to own the same style of glasses, I have them made with my prescription and they are pretty decent quality, you can buy them from Zenni optical at this link if anyone is trying to find the right glasses
    http://www.zennioptical.com/browline-eyeglass-frames-535421.html

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  42. precursor

precursor Jr Member

I know this thread hasn't had any activity for awhile, but I just picked up a blue, pre-owned Salt Valley "Terrence" Shirt on EBay for under $30, and a brand new, authentic Casio A158W-1 watch for under $16. Plenty of watches left for that price if anyone is looking...