Jurassic World: Dominion

Maybe this franchise needed a Spielberg touch of Magic?
Maybe the past Spielberg Magic, but not Spielberg himself as he is the reason we got hybrids and the breakdown of the park in Jurassic World and god knows what else crap in those movies. He made good movies in the past, but he should stop having anything to do with the Jurassic Park series, because it was clear even during JP2 that he didn't give a **** about dinosaurs anymore, as that movie is a paint by numbers piece of crap where dinosaurs pop up at the same time intervals as in the first movie... and then he just filled the spaces with redundant multiple overlapping dialogue nonsense.

I really hope this is finally the end of this long, drawn out death rattle of a crappy franchise that only has 1 good movie in it: the first.

And those grasshoppers sure could fly around on fire for a LONG time. Long enough to burn down the whole dinosaur habitat.

And the grasshoppers have gone international. I didn’t understand how changing the DNA of “one” grasshopper could effect the behavior of all of them around the planet.
It was mentioned in the movie it was hyper loaded with pheromone to attract a mate, the next cycle would fix the mistake once current grasshoppers/locusts died out end of that season..
That's why they swarmed round it in the movie..

I took my 11 year old son and had a great time. He really liked it. I enjoyed seeing the original cast. We bought the Jurassic World popcorn tins which are really nice.

JP_Can.jpg

That said, I would agree, 1 terrific movie then 5 more with nothing other than some interesting FX.

And I caught Covid there too. I just tested positive last night for it. It can take 2 to 6 days for symptoms to manifest themselves. After dealing with Covid for the last 29 months in the hospital, I catch it at a movie theater. Seriously, I had to get suited up in PPE and went into patient rooms with active Covid every single day.

Last edited:
And I caught Covid there too. I just tested positive last night for it. It can take 2 to 6 days for symptoms to manifest themselves. After dealing with Covid for the last 29 months in the hospital, I catch it at a movie theater. Seriously, I had to get suited up in PPE and went into patient rooms with active Covid every single day.
So far I've dodged it and working with Saliva and internal appliances on a day to day basis I don't now how?

Hope you shake it off ASAP.

You'd think it had gone away if you watch UK news it's never mentioned ..

My girlfriend is a big fan of the 1993 original Jurassic Park and after various delays we went to see this latest entry into the tired franchise and wow was it bad.
The only positive thing I can say is we had free tickets to see this.
At times during the film we would look at each other in disbelief at what was happening.
That really bad ending scene with all the dinosaurs and other animals getting along as if it were and episode of Sesame Street was so cringeworthy.

Thankfully I have tickets booked for Thor Love and Thunder for the 7th of July, so at least my next cinema trip is pretty much guaranteed to be a great time.

That really bad ending scene with all the dinosaurs and other animals getting along as if it were and episode of Sesame Street was so cringeworthy.
The thing that really bothers me about the World movies is how Trevorrow seems to "direct" his dinosaurs like a child playing with their toys, and all the cringy playtime awesomebro trash that comes with it.

The thing that really bothers me about the World movies is how Trevorrow seems to "direct" his dinosaurs like a child playing with their toys, and all the cringy playtime awesomebro trash that comes with it.
It just needed to be more like a Tokyo Godzilla movie.. But with more guts n horror.

But I guess that would not sell Lunch boxes and Happy Meals.

It just needed to be more like a Tokyo Godzilla movie.. But with more guts n horror.

But I guess that would not sell Lunch boxes and Happy Meals.
The Jurassic Park movies have such a high potential to be high quality, big budget creature feature horror, especially now with Dinosaurs out in our world. I've thought up a few myself, most involving people camping in the wilderness, or taking pages from the novels. Universal will never do them, because that'd take the movies back out of the semi-family focused action/adventure blockbuster territory they moved into back in the third movie.

The Jurassic Park movies have such a high potential to be high quality, big budget creature feature horror, especially now with Dinosaurs out in our world. I've thought up a few myself, most involving people camping in the wilderness, or taking pages from the novels. Universal will never do them, because that'd take the movies back out of the semi-family focused action/adventure blockbuster territory they moved into back in the third movie.
The first couple of Novels were full of interesting Ideas, I enjoyed the third but the movie wasn't up to the books standards.. Too many scream queen's spoilt it for me..

I tried to watch this on Amazon and only got to around 45mins. I'm not sure the people who made this movie ever saw a Jurassic Park movie...

The first couple of Novels were full of interesting Ideas, I enjoyed the third but the movie wasn't up to the books standards.. Too many scream queen's spoilt it for me..
First couple of novels? There were only ever 2 novels in the series written by Michael Crichton. If there were ever any other novels they were just novelizations of the movies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back