Jurassic World: Dominion

Completely predictable outcome here, if you ask me…

Jurassic World Dominion First Reviews Are Out — And They're Very Bad

2643AB47-A2A7-415E-91B0-ABE06A785B93.jpeg

OK… did I miss something? Why are there dinosaurs all over the world? Did they explain that at all?

I don’t usually come here to complain about a movie, but there are too many OMG scenes to list.

The IMAX quality was either really off that day or the film delivered for screening was not a 4K more 720 quality which resulted in a blurry grain ultimately ruining the CGI and reminded me of back projections in a Theme park. I tried to find a manager but to no avail..

I enjoyed seeing the old familiar faces who were given a decent amount screen time and certainly drove the plot more than CP and BDH did.
"I really wanted to see Dino Chaos Theory" in full effect! but no it was basically the same story set in a similar area, confined to a certain set of rules Again..

Maybe this franchise needed a Spielberg touch of Magic?

20220612_161719.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It was so long ago I actually forgot the ending of the last movie.
I'm still confused as well because while there was the escape at the end of Fallen Kingdom, all we saw were only single specimens or two at most with the one one mother and child pair. But apparently there is a throw away line that now the Dinosaurs can reproduce asexually?

The only important thing is that Owen's "Steve Auvenshine" knife made it through the whole trilogy! Love that knife! My wife laughed at me when I cheered when Chris Pratt turned and theree it was! I actually wore mine to the theater!

I'm still confused as well because while there was the escape at the end of Fallen Kingdom, all we saw were only single specimens or two at most with the one one mother and child pair. But apparently there is a throw away line that now the Dinosaurs can reproduce asexually?
Not all Dinosaurs, just Blue. As far back as marketing from 2014, Blue has been stated to have monitor lizard DNA filling in the sequence gaps. Monitor lizards are capable of parthenogenesis. So basically instead of frog DNA giving her the ability to change sex and mate, she simply produces viable offspring by cloning herself. For the record, parthenogenesis has also been observed in birds, which are dinosaurs themselves.

Not all Dinosaurs, just Blue. As far back as marketing from 2014, Blue has been stated to have monitor lizard DNA filling in the sequence gaps. Monitor lizards are capable of parthenogenesis. So basically instead of frog DNA giving her the ability to change sex and mate, she simply produces viable offspring by cloning herself. For the record, parthenogenesis has also been observed in birds, which are dinosaurs themselves.
“life finds a way”

Evolve Jurassic Park GIF

In Dominion the JP gene scientist guy mentions something about having pure breeds and no more hybrid Super-saur experiments and no more frog DNA for their Dinosaurs? I seem to remember that being said but at the same time I think it was the revamped Dodson saying they had been collecting specimens from All the previous parks and islands so that contradicts the gene guy somewhat..

If the dinosaurs are capable of reproducing on their own (as per the first movie), doesn't that eliminate the need to put anything into the DNA strand anymore to get it to work? At least for that specific dino breed?

If the dinosaurs are capable of reproducing on their own (as per the first movie), doesn't that eliminate the need to put anything into the DNA strand anymore to get it to work? At least for that specific dino breed?
I think the script Docs oversaw that nougat of info..
There were definitely agenders to this movie sort of delivered in a Hulk style manner..

Pesticides Bad... Hulk Smash!
Genetics Bad..... Hulk er Like?

Last edited:
So many weird choices in this film.... who thought they should make the possibly last Jurassic movie about...grasshoppers? I was expecting something about random companies who were buying the dinosaurs in the last movie to turn them into weapons and it being more about stopping other agents from weaponizing dinosaurs... i mean i guess there was a little bit of that, but the grasshopper thing just seemed to tangentially related to any of the dinosaur stuff.

So many weird choices in this film.... who thought they should make the possibly last Jurassic movie about...grasshoppers? I was expecting something about random companies who were buying the dinosaurs in the last movie to turn them into weapons and it being more about stopping other agents from weaponizing dinosaurs... i mean i guess there was a little bit of that, but the grasshopper thing just seemed to tangentially related to any of the dinosaur stuff.
What we wanted..

FzIs8nbHTXsOhKaM2a (1).gif

What we got...

2A0jXvUa3KOufBYT53.gif

Last edited:
So many weird choices in this film.... who thought they should make the possibly last Jurassic movie about...grasshoppers?
And those grasshoppers sure could fly around on fire for a LONG time. Long enough to burn down the whole dinosaur habitat.

And the grasshoppers have gone international. I didn’t understand how changing the DNA of “one” grasshopper could effect the behavior of all of them around the planet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back