Jurassic Park

I don't know anybody else has found this problem or not, but this new RPF lets other people visit and download all the paper props freely without even having an account or logging in to the forum. I also uploaded some props in this thread which I am not comfortable with sharing to the whole internet, can anybody else see props without logging in? or is it just my browser?

I don't know anybody else has found this problem or not, but this new RPF lets other people visit and download all the paper props freely without even having an account or logging in to the forum. I also uploaded some props in this thread which I am not comfortable with sharing to the whole internet, can anybody else see props without logging in? or is it just my browser?

Yeap, same here. Hadn't notice that and think it's not correct.
Maybe post the problem to the mods or on the "Welcome to the new and improved RPF" thread?

I can confirm that too. I am able to see this thread, and open the attachments, in a browser without logging in.

Definitely needs fixing!

Hi mate

It's a"Dilophosaurus" trail sign made by production but not seen in thefinal film. The item at auction did not have the Dilophosaurus name ( 11.75 x.5 in. round yellow disk with a Dilophosaurus skull printed center, affixed to a 17.5 x 12 in. cut out of Africa hand painted green with blue border. The complete sign measures 15.5 x 18.5)

View attachment 640088

Hi,

Just a quick note: that's actually not Africa - that's the outline of Isla Nublar.

Regards,
Electro

Greetings RPF, fellow movie prop & theme park enthusiast here.

The reason I am writing today is to offer a long over due apology for my past wrong doings. & I completely understand if my actions warrants me being banned from here, which would totally be understandable. I just wanted to come here, come clean, start anew, & make things right.

I am the guy who stole all the Jurassic Park props from here & sold them on a Ebay a few years ago. & on top of that, what was even worse, is I lied about it when confronted about it from members here sending me messages on Ebay. I am truly sorry, I was totally wrong, & deserve every name in the book in this thread. & believe me when I say that my actions has caused more pain & harm then good, all though some good has come from it- Ill get to that in a minute.

So I just wanted to offer an explanation to my actions, & give everyone here a chance to let it all out, just let me have it, get whatever they want off there chest, I am all open ears.

Not that it excuses my behavior or justifies anything, the reason I did this was really out of panic and desperation, & therefore caused me to act in ways I normally wouldnt succumb to. It was at a time where I was unemployed & had a real hard time finding a job for months, & all of my emergency living expense money was running low, so of course, Im thinking- "How else can I make money?"

Now with being a big fan of movies, such as Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, The Matrix, & on & on, I have seen on Ebay for years people selling Back to the Future stuff. I thought, how cool is that to be able to find & make your own movie props as a cool fun hobby, but also to make a little extra bit of money from it as well. So I thought, there is obviously money there, as I saw it all the time. So Im thinking, they obviously got the images from somewhere on the internet, downloaded the pics, printed them, & put them up for sale. I never gave it any thought as to where most of these images even came from. I guess I assumed they came from pics/scans of the actual props. I didnt think- "Hey, an individual spent hours on this & made this file & put it out there for free." I just took it all for granted. I ignorantly thought- "If its out there free on the internet, I'm free to do whatever I want with it, just like all these other sellers do." I wasnt aware of any prop making communities or forums, all though my curiosity & research of course did eventually lead me here.

So combined with the stuff that I found here as well as other sources, I began my digital collection of paper props. So my thinking was- "Everyone is doing BTTF, what other movies can I make props from to sell that isnt as saturated as BTTF? So I started doing J Park & Total Recall.

So it goes without saying, that at that time I had no kind of photo editing software, let alone knew how to use it. So I'd just print out whatever print file I can find.

Looking back though, I gotta say, because of this lazy & immoral approach, I wasnt selling high quality products. From anything I did find & steal, I just assumed that everything was screen accurate, so I didnt even bother to compare the items I was selling to how accurate they were on screen. Or the images were really low res, of which I was even called out on on one of my feedbacks. & I am usually way more maticulous & picky about things like that. But again, panicked & desperate, wasnt thinking. I just needed to make money FAST, so there was very little "quality control". I was just focused on speed and QUANTITY, on top of being ignorant to stealing & selling other peoples work. Again, Im sorry.

Just as an example of how embaressing & terrible this was, just take a look at my very first set of'JP auctions. The map came from here with the super poor & blurry low res text, as well as all the badges, none of which even APPEAR on screen in the movie. & I placed the badges inside Staples badge holders- which had the Staples logo embossed on the backs, & I printed the blurry low res brochures onto 8x11 brochure paper, making, well, really tiny crappy low res maps. REAL GREAT QUALITY! Oh, & the SUPER inaccurate jeep tag, yuk!

One.jpg

TWO.jpg

Three.jpg

Then fast forward to when I started getting messages from people from here & pointing out how what I was doing was wrong, putting the heat & pressure on me to stop what I was doing. I was really at a cross roads here, because I knew it was wrong, but the other part of me saw that I was making a decent enough of a profit, so that if anything, I did see the REAL potential in being able to earn some decent extra money in exchange for offering a good, honest product.

So this was both bad & good. It was bad that I resorted to stealing other peoples work for profit, but good, as I was bitten by the porp making bug & I was now motivated more then ever to finally get a program so I could start learning and making my own props from scratch, as now I COULD be more screen accurate to my liking, as well as have all my print files be in a much superior format & resolution, having the pride of being able to honestly say I made it myself, as well as not have anyone else be able to claim that I'm using someones work anymore. I now know more then ever what it feels like to put hours worth of work into something & be proud of your creation, as yes of course, I would be just as upset if someone took something I made & tried to claim it as there own, & I give everyone here the upmost respect.

So I did finally start making & selling my OWN stuff I made & sold those for awhile, again motivated by being called out on what I was doing & so no one could say Im using there stuff anymore, including a Child's Play paper prop set, as I hadnt seen anyone else doing anything like it, as I wanted to create and sell props that no one else is making, as well as props that I wanted for myself, & to sell, where I wouldnt have any competition. I want to make my job selling easier, not harder!

So after awhile, karma got me, & my Ebay got terminated, which of course was devastating & discouraging to say the least, quite a depressing experience. It wasnt related to me selling the movie props, that's a whole other long story. So needless to say, I gave up on it altogether for years. I was still bouncing from job to job. But I have since found a job that I have been at for 5 years now, & things are doing good. So now I'm no longer motivated by panic, desperation & fear.

So I was fortunate to in fact get another Ebay account, & decided to start from ground zero, & re-polish the few things that I have made & sold, as well as a work on a bunch of new projects, & creating the highest of quality & originally made props. Now having a steady job, nothing will need to be rushed anymore, and I am having a blast getting back into it.

So now my NEW process for making props is as follows, which I know is already how most of you do it anyway, & probably not necessarily in the same order-

STEP 1

To first go through the movie I want to make props from in my video editor & get every single screen grab of every inch/angle of whatever prop it is I want to make. The movie itself will ALWAYS be my FIRST source for references from now on, & I will have seperate folders dedicated to my collection of movie stills & get saved to multiple hard drives. Im currently in this phase, as I have been doing it for two weeks straight now whenever Im not working at my full time job- Ive done up to 20 movies so far, & its exhausting!

STEP 2

Go search the internet for pictures/videos/scans of the screen used props, especially from sites like Screen Used or Prop Auction. I dont need to tell anybody that sometimes pictures from these sources are better than screen shots, as sometimes you dont get to see the whole prop in a movie on screen, & these pics can sometimes "fill in the gaps" so to speak.

STEP 3- LAST RESORT

Only when after doing step and two, & Im STILL falling short on not being able to find all the info I need on a given prop, will I look at other fan made versions of the prop for further references & inspiration, but of course NEVER to just straight up copy & steal. & if it turns out after all this I STILL cant make the prop on my own, Ill just scrap it & move on, as I have HUNDREDS of props I will still be able to make. Again, quality this time, not quantity.

So anyway, I know this isnt much, but figured Id share some stuff here that I have worked on. Feel free to do whatever you want with it, including selling.

Jurassic Park- Plate 4 v2 improved.PNG

Jurassic Park- Plate 5.PNG
Jurassic Park Plate 10.PNG

Jurassic Park Plate 12.PNG

Jurassic Park Plate 29.PNG

JP- Dilophosaurus sign 1.png

So to wrap up, I am again really sorry. I am not expecting for everyone to just brush it off, forgive me overnight & become my best friends & welcome me into the community with open arms. But I hope it helps at least a little to say that from the start, I didnt have any malicious intent. In other words, I didint go DELIBERATELY go searching for other people's work I could steal. Again, I was ignorant, & again just assumed wrongly that if I could download it for free, it was all fair game. & Im anything BUT like those other recasters who will go as far as to actually BUY items that someone else is selling with the intent of not only re-casting it, but then selling it &, undercutting the original creator AND not even giving credit.

& the nerve of that one guy I read about, Merlin, who would flat out DEMAND people to do work SPECIFICALLY for him, & them turn around & sell there work. Now thats low! The last thing I would want to happen is to be lumped into is THIS group of people.

But if by a miracle I dont get banned, I can promise that I will never recast anyone ever again & will have the most upmost respect for this community no matter what happens, & would like to contribute here wherever I can. Not only is it wrong, but I dont need to anymore anyway now that I know how to do this stuff myself, even though I might need help here & there, but I would never expect for someone to just do the homework for me & hold my hand every step of the way, as I would never expect something for nothing. & I know to get respect & trust you got to give respect & trust.

So I hope to make up for it by giving back- giving tips & advice from things that IVE learned to the newbie here or wherever who is where I was, not knowing where to start. So whatever fate awaits me, I humbly accept whatever the consequences may be. Thank you for your time.

Not 4K, but here is mine from the blu ray-

View attachment 982623

And here is the front of the box cut-

View attachment 982624

And again, scaled up, so dont know if it makes a difference, but at least a good starting point to be able to trace over, which I plan on doing soon-

View attachment 982625

Hope this helps.

I believe these were actually real items, but never seen them popping up on Ebay, However the brand for these is Dinomighties from Sanrio.

But they did create stamp sets like these with Hello Kitty:

f210512834b9587d51e8acc9b0a99ee9.jpg

Hello everyone.

I saw this image on yourprops.com of the label used for the gas grenade that Eric uses to scare off the raptors in Jurassic Park 3. Is there any replica available on the internet? or can someone create one and share it here? Thanks

Attachments

• Jurassic-Park-3-Ingen-Paralyzing-Agent-Label-1.jpg
    Jurassic-Park-3-Ingen-Paralyzing-Agent-Label-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 52
I can try recreating it but I can't make out all the text.
This is what I have so far:
NEUROLOGICAL
PARALYZING AGENT

SMOKE DISCHARGE
5% SOLUTION

TO BE USED ONLY BY
TRAINED PERSONNEL

USE OF THIS DEVICE WITHOUT PROPER CAUSE OR
TRAINING MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION

WARNING
TO BE USED BY TRAINED INGEN PERSONNEL IN
EMERGENCY OR TRAINING SITUATIONS ONLY

THIS IS A SMOKE [DISCHARGED?] AIRBORNE SOLUTION
DESTINED TO PARALYZE THE CENTRAL NERVOUS
SYSTEM OF ANY [BREATHING?] CREATURE

ANY EXPOSURE TO THIS CHEMICAL MAY RESULT IN
TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT PARALYSIS OR DEATH

DO NOT USE IN ANY MANNER IF THIS DEVICE HAS
BEEN SUBJECTED TO POOR STORAGE CONDITIONS
OR STORED LONGER THAN FOUR YEARS FROM THE
DATE OF MANUFACTURE

FIRST AID
EXPOSE TO FRESH AIR
SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

STORE IN A COOL DRY [PLACE/SPACE?]
[NOT TO BE?] ????

I can try recreating it but I can't make out all the text.
This is what I have so far:
NEUROLOGICAL
PARALYZING AGENT

SMOKE DISCHARGE
5% SOLUTION

TO BE USED ONLY BY
TRAINED PERSONNEL

USE OF THIS DEVICE WITHOUT PROPER CAUSE OR
TRAINING MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION

WARNING
TO BE USED BY TRAINED INGEN PERSONNEL IN
EMERGENCY OR TRAINING SITUATIONS ONLY

THIS IS A SMOKE [DISCHARGED?] AIRBORNE SOLUTION
DESTINED TO PARALYZE THE CENTRAL NERVOUS
SYSTEM OF ANY [BREATHING?] CREATURE

ANY EXPOSURE TO THIS CHEMICAL MAY RESULT IN
TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT PARALYSIS OR DEATH

DO NOT USE IN ANY MANNER IF THIS DEVICE HAS
BEEN SUBJECTED TO POOR STORAGE CONDITIONS
OR STORED LONGER THAN FOUR YEARS FROM THE
DATE OF MANUFACTURE

FIRST AID
EXPOSE TO FRESH AIR
SEEK MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

STORE IN A COOL DRY [PLACE/SPACE?]
[NOT TO BE?] ????

Hi DavyVO.

Thanks. The parts that cannot be understood here can always be filled with text that makes sense in the context of known parts. When a better quality image comes up you can always update to make it more accurate. Thank you so much! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back