Jurassic Park

He's still at it: JURASSIC PARK BADGE/PHOTO/BOOKS/MAP PROP REPLICAS-Lab Tech/Ranger/Security IDs

Not only is he ripping off our paper props, but he's also clearly ripping off our digital work. His auction "includes a disc of JPEG images you can download to your computer of the various stages of the tour program computer screens."

Last edited:
Im sure the files I made are still on that disc...

Sonner or later he will have a CD available with the .exe cyrix posted...

The Visitor Center and Control Room blueprints I drew that Cyrix ended up using in his tour animation are covered under a Creative Commons license on my Deviant Art page. Does that make it illegal for this guy to sell the files?

The Visitor Center and Control Room blueprints I drew that Cyrix ended up using in his tour animation are covered under a Creative Commons license on my Deviant Art page. Does that make it illegal for this guy to sell the files?

Hmm I'd say it's a fine line since the original designs might be copyrighted by Universal?

I wonder if that's even his picture he's using for an example.

ebay.png

EDIT: Nevermind, the same Robert Oppenheimer picture that is on the monitor the same one he has for sale.

I remember even a german guy made some JPEGs from the Nedryland Systems... Even some GIFs he shared in the german JP Community... Maybe thats the source...

Well, I don't know...

I wonder if this will work in one of those digital photo frames that play videos??

maybe, but a monitor is cooler than everything else... If I ever have the space, I will make a cool Nedry display with a complete monitor playing the stuff...

Maybe Cyrix will surprise us one day with more flash animations, that would be incredible... :thumbsup

Paper props from The Lost World (the original novel):

These are from passages in the novel where emails or such are 'shown' in the course of the story.

I hope the font conveys the appropriate impression - an early 90's industrial / high-tech vibe.

Print and weather to suit.

And have a nice day :)

-MJ

Sorry if I'm posting stuff I've already shared before.

These are Jurassic Park (original novel) replica paper & digital props:

Drew these up several years ago, based on images and passages from the novel.

Print or ... display to suit :)

-Mike J.

Last one, I swear:

A series of webpages designed to act like a mock terminal interface, based upon the novel.

Unzipping this should give you a folder full of HTML files and black & white images. Open the HTML file named "main" in your preferred browser to begin. Click on images and the 'links' at the bottom of pages to 'navigate' the 'system.' I think there are all of ten pages. If you're having problems trying to do something or go somewhere, you can just quit and open up the target HTML page itself.

If I have briefly entertained even one person today, my work here is done :)

-Mike J.

Last one, I swear:

A series of webpages designed to act like a mock terminal interface, based upon the novel.

Unzipping this should give you a folder full of HTML files and black & white images. Open the HTML file named "main" in your preferred browser to begin. Click on images and the 'links' at the bottom of pages to 'navigate' the 'system.' I think there are all of ten pages. If you're having problems trying to do something or go somewhere, you can just quit and open up the target HTML page itself.

-Mike J.

Nice job!

Last one, I swear:

-Mike J.

Thats awesome! Lots of fun :D

You plan on doing somthing with these?
Jurassic_Park_Fences_by_RymoMymo.png

That, unfortunately, is way outside my abilities.

I had to ask for help on that one I did, and that was years ago. I've forgotten it all since then. :lol

Glad you guys like it - it should be at least a few seconds' entertainment :)

-Mike J.

Thats awesome! Lots of fun :D

You plan on doing somthing with these?
Jurassic_Park_Fences_by_RymoMymo.png

cyrix9445 has already made an impressive animation of the JP control room GUI. It's not interactive (yet...wink, wink) but super cool nonetheless. Check back on page 4.

I did another Mr. DNA cell. Not because there was anything wrong with one already posted, but because I was getting ready to print it and realized I didn't have that image with me. It's slightly different as well. Did it in vector software and saved it as a PDF to prevent data loss.

Enjoy.

Has anyone tried to recreate the "Interative CD-ROM!" (in Lex voice) yet? I just noticed there is a guy on JPLegacy forums working on the voice-over material but I have only seen the one recreated screenshot in this thread so far.

Are you gonna have a go at it, Cyrix?

EDIT: I wanted to add something:

I must compliment the work that has been done thus far on the "system screens". They're nothing short of phenomenal. Great work! Now if I can get them functioning as my screensaver properly I might die happy. Immediately.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to recreate the "Interative CD-ROM!" (in Lex voice) yet? I just noticed there is a guy on JPLegacy forums working on the voice-over material but I have only seen the one recreated screenshot in this thread so far.

With regards to the interactive cd-rom, all I've attempted was a lo-res version of the main menu screen (back on page 3). Unfortunately, the movie only really shows two interactive cd-rom screens: the introductory screen with the JP logo stone carving, and the main menu screen with the island map (and a page turn transition between the two). If an entire interactive cd-rom animation was created (one that goes beyond those two initial screens), the content would have to be made-up from scratch, without reference material. That would be cool, but it wouldn't be canon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back