Jurassic Park

I find it funny he's mad someone wanted to copy his DVDs in the negative feedback he received yet he's doing the same thing pretty much here.

yep, the seller is from Tampa, FL, why is it always Tampa, FL if it concerns bad props?!? :lol

So, we should ban all Member from Tampa, FL... :lol:behave

No, just joking, but this whole paper prop thing goes into the complete wrong direction...

So what? watermark everything?!? Ban 0-Posters so, that we can hold the rist as low as possible?!? Paper Prop thread limited to 1000 Posts?!? No google search for pictures in the RPF?!?

I dont know, but its sad that even the cheapest and worst picture is offered on the bay... :unsure

Damn, indeed this is bad! Maybe it would be an idea to only allow RPF memebers with a minimum amount of posts, or a minimum of contributions, before allowing them into the free paper prop section?

Isn't there any legal action we can take about this? Contact eBay itself or something and get this b*st*rd banned from eBay?

Damn, indeed this is bad! Maybe it would be an idea to only allow RPF memebers with a minimum amount of posts, or a minimum of contributions, before allowing them into the free paper prop section?

Isn't there any legal action we can take about this? Contact eBay itself or something and get this b*st*rd banned from eBay?

Could move it to the premium section..

But then they arent free anymore.

But yeah, blocking that forum from searches and from random users with no posts MIGHT help but still. Since its an open forum, more and more of this will happen as anyone can just make an account

I mean no disrespect but I have to say something. This is bad yes, however only allowing people with a certain number of posts of contributions would be unfair to those such as myself that collect paper props for legitimate purposes. I am rather new here and I would never want to disrespect anyone or their work however, I don't agree that censorship per sey would be the right course. I believe that to be here is not a right but a privilege and I believe other people's work is just that and unless otherwise stated, is their property. Stealing is wrong but people that had nothing to do with it should not have to be punished for someone else's indiscretions. Just my thought's. Kind regards, Jeremy

I mean no disrespect but I have to say something. This is bad yes, however only allowing people with a certain number of posts of contributions would be unfair to those such as myself that collect paper props for legitimate purposes. I am rather new here and I would never want to disrespect anyone or their work however, I don't agree that censorship per sey would be the right course. I believe that to be here is not a right but a privilege and I believe other people's work is just that and unless otherwise stated, is their property. Stealing is wrong but people that had nothing to do with it should not have to be punished for someone else's indiscretions. Just my thought's. Kind regards, Jeremy

I agree with you. I appreciate all the talent on this board and I would hate to see this go to a premium part of the site. I showed a lady friend of mine the Potter paper props and she flipped out. That made someone's week and now she'll be able to make a nice Potter collection and enjoy it for a long long time.

I sent the seller a message through ebay, asking him if he wasn't ashamed selling other people's stuff. I pointed him to this thread. This was his answer:

I never even heard of this website until you just mentioned it.. I got most of these images off of a paper prop jpeg disc from someone a couple of years ago, & made the rest up myself & I am just selling them like alot of people on Ebay do, so how can you just jump to the conclusion without asking questions that I took these or that the guy I bought them from didnt make them or not? I wouldnt sell anything that I myself didnt pay for, so I am sorry that you think I stole these from that site but thats not the case.

So he bought a CD years ago, with work on it, that people here just created the past few weeks / months? This guy should sell props from "Back to the Future", I think.

Isn't there a way to take legal action against this guy? It's not that he's selling just one prop, one time (which is bad enough), but he just sells huge amounts of RPF member's work, over and over again.

What a dirty lie...

Its one thing to sell the work of others, but lie about the source, that stinks...

A shame that buyers couldn't be contacted on ebay anymore...

Reported it, too. But Ebay doesn't care about stuff like this...

I could sell stuff like this, too, even if I made it, but I would shame myself to sell such cheap stuff, whats just for fun...

There is a way to contact the seller. You have to log in under your screen name and view the sellers details or contact paypal and request his contact info. Just a friendly heads up. Shame that he has to BS his way through things. Not very professional nor is it ethical. Kind regards, Jeremy

I DIDNT STEAL ANYONES WORK! Like I said, I bought these from someone else, but everyone else has already jumped to there own conclusions so it doesnt matter what I say.

OK 1st of all, we're ALL guilty of 1 thing, PLAGIARISM
the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language & thoughts of another author & the representation of them as one's own original work, as by not crediting the author: Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft

Is there anyone that can prove they have permission from Universal to create these images to begin with? ANYONE who makes unauthorized replicas, wether to sell them or not, is technically doing something illegal, yet Ive seen that there are people on that site that sell props that they make & thats ok. So you might as well go after EVERYONE who sells props-

Jurassic Park Brochure Prop Replica | eBay

Jurassic Park prop map | eBay

JURASSIC PARK T-REX PADDOCK 1:1 MOVIE PROP DANGER 10 000 VOLTS FENCE SIGN INGEN | eBay

& that's just Jurassic Park. & it doesnt matter if they made them or not, technically it's illegal. Now, 1 thing I wont do is sell a particular prop of someone elses creation if they were already selling it, as Im not the type of person to interfere with someone elses living with there work. So if whoever created a prop I sell that they decide they want to sell, Id take it out. I wont do anything that would cause money to come out of someone elses pocket. But even if thats the case, people are getting mad for "there work" being stolen. Oh, you mean the work of the people who made the movie? Now, if Universal had a problem with me selling "there work", Id have to take it down, than Id have to report everyone to the movie studios who sells props. So if I sell something that you believe you created, give me your name & Ill credit you in my listing. If Im taking money from anyone, Ill stop. Im sorry for inconveniencing everyone.

Oh, it's one of the "you're all recasters" guys... :angry

Héhé, you're stalking him too? Good thing! The text you quoted, is the same answer I got. Maybe that's a good strategy: everybody here just aks the guy questions about his ebay auction until he gets crazy :).

Héhé, you're stalking him too? Good thing! The text you quoted, is the same answer I got. Maybe that's a good strategy: everybody here just aks the guy questions about his ebay auction until he gets crazy :).

Stalking? No, thats a too hard word... :lol

But careful, he's watching us... :confused :lol

Ooooooooh. (Twilight Zone Theme plays) (To the Theme of Walker Texas Ranger) When on RPF look behind yoooou. Cause that's where the prop thief's....gonna be. LOL Good times. Look, it's people like him that make life humorous. He is like a child in the fact that he points a finger at everyone else and can't take the blame for himself. I wasn't aware my 4 year old daughter could get an Ebay account but I guess I was wrong. Hmm. LOL

The guy promised me to take the book covers out of his further auctions. I also pointed out all the other props and mentioned the RPF members who created them. If he also takes those out, he's left with just 2 or 3 props. I can't track these sources down, so I can't proove that he didn't get these on a correct way. But if he takes the props I mentioned out of further auctions, that would be positive.

I know it's just one of the dozens of l**sers stealing our work and selling it, but hey, I have free time to spent too, no? ;)

He told me he just get the money what he pays for (Glossy paper, clear foil for laminating, etc.)

He points out that this is a great service for people who dont know how to print the stuff out, or are not able to laminate it... :lol :behave

I wonder that he doesn't offer all the stuff and/or IDs, what can be found via Google Image search...

But he told me also, that he's not in the RPF...

Let's check it out...

"uhm..... hey..... I see, there are so many wonderful Jurassic Park IDs in the Jurassic Park Board Game, would be a wonderful prop...."

:angel

So, lets see if they availabe the next weeks... :lol:)

Hey, everyone. I haven't been here for several months, but I'm back and working on getting a run of brochures printed. I was going to post the final full-res brochure images here, but after seeing what's been going on lately with other members work being ripped-off, I'm kind of hesitant to do so.

Hey, everyone. I haven't been here for several months, but I'm back and working on getting a run of brochures printed. I was going to post the final full-res brochure images here, but after seeing what's been going on lately with other members work being ripped-off, I'm kind of hesitant to do so.

just a fyi, Mr Nagata has already done an awesome brochure and its for sale in the junkyard, so you may want to check that out first mate

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back