Jurassic Park Ford Explorer Toy Upgrade

LOL you're right - I don't really do "quick & easy"!

This hobby taught me the true meaning of "crafting", at a loftier level - having the eye and the vision, and the drive to keep working until you reach that vision...
I have no room to talk either. Be ripping a part off a few times til it looks right. Sand it down, repaint.
Speaking of that, I started painting my bathroom back in November. While the store did mix the blue incorrect, and that did force me to repaint that part, I still keep finding little issues, or a part where the line where two colors touching isn't perfectly straight, or whatever.....4 months later....I'm ALMOST finish.

Slapped some more red paint on this.

IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_5699.JPG
IMG_5700.JPG

Nice and bright.

The deeper red works so much better for me...

There is some overspray on the beige where the skylight rests that I will clean up.

The red on the A-pillar will be brushed.
The B-pillar goes flat black.
The red on the rear quarter is a sticker (same as the hood), and is nearly close enough to work, but I may blend in the dark red with a brush.

Then a heavy, glossy, clear coat over the entire beast.

I ended up removing all the stickers except the hood.

I'll re-purpose the graphics, but the red blobs on the doors will be custom-masked and spray painted. The red blobs on the rear quarter panels will be done by spraying clear packing tape with red paint and creating my own stickers.

You can see a small amount of the original red on the B-Pillar, and see the stark difference. I really do like the darker red...

Thinking that with the various elements of the finish (Testor's enamel, original plastic, original paint, original vinyl stickers, custom-made Avery-brand new stickers), I will need to use a liquid acrylic floor wax (inert) as the clear coat.

I think Pledge has replaced Future...

Pisser...

I ordered some Pledge off Amazon. Prayers....

Soooooooo..........I figure you are like me and take on too many things at once and had to put this one to the side for a while.
Still wanted to check.

I also finally got the chance to make my Jurassic Park short for my work.
Its a minute and a half, yet took over 20 hours to get everything finished. And of course, the mic I had plugged in the phone decided not to work for pretty much every shot, but like two. So all sound had to be recreated as well.
Heres a link to the tiktok, hope it works correctly. Even without the app, it should open in a browser.

THIS LOOKS GREAT! Nice job so far! I also went ahead and modeled up a new center console thats accurate to the movie as well as the brush guard for mine. Cant wait to see the finished product!
Might have to take a brush guard off your hands...!

The version is too chunky and betrays it as the toy that it is...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back