Announcement Junkyard Changes - ALL PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very welcome. It is going to take a bit of getting used to but we are very excited about this because we feel like it is going to increase the speed that sales take place (good for buyers and sellers) and it will also cut down on some of the miscommunication between buyers and sellers. We are waiting on feedback from members as they become familiar with the new layout but we are already have ideas to make the next revision even more user friendly!

When posting up a listing, the seller must agree to the following statement:

" I will not request buyers pay through PayPal via "gift" or request buyers pay for PayPal fees."

Might I suggest that this be listed in the guidelines as well? I think it would be beneficial for everyone to see it than just the sellers.

I have to say, this Junkyard exceedes my expectations! Well done, gentlemen.
One question. As with the old JY, this one says no bumping within 24 hours. Is there something in place that prevents the seller from bumping within 24 hours or is it on the "honor" system again, because we all saw how THAT turned out.

Another suggestion, can you bump up the size of price, ships, and Feedback a notch or two? I'm on a 24" screen and it's a bit hard to read (i.e. very small). I know my eyes aren't the greatest anymore, but I can't be the only one. :)

First of all .. YE! Finally!!!

That being said, and maybe I missed it, but the new listing format in thumbnail mode, is that an option somewhere? I was used to write the forum as read to know what listing I had looked at .. so that only the new and bumped threads would show up.

So questions:

1. Is there a way to write a listing as "read"?
2. What visual cue do we have to know that it's a new listing OR that it's been bumped -(see previous little arrow on new post)?
3. Is there a was to change the listing mode from thumbnail to listing for ex. Not that I really want to, but it would help figuring the other previous 2 points.

Good job guys!

The new JY looks fantastic. Great job guys.

WANT TO BUY - the place for all members to create threads seeking items they wish to purchase.

1. All member types can start threads in this forum.
  2. Only Premium Members can post responses in these threads.

Can all Want To Buy threads get a WTB prefix like all of the other Classifieds sections? Reason: I typically use the New Posts option, and the WTB thread titles are the only Classifieds section threads that do not stand out as Classifieds threads. I'll click on an interesting looking thread, thinking it is a build thread, when it is actually a WTB that has been bumped 27 times.

Thanks,
Gator

Really?
This new junkyard is a good thing?
I've bought a few things on theRPF and I've sold a few things on theRPF, but,
I reckon I won't be hoggin' up yer forum with any more FS threads.
Well, it does make me even less inclined to spend money; so yeah, I guess it is a good thing.

not-a-premium-member,
Mike

Would it be against the rules to post my website in a new thread since unless i pay the thirty dollars i can no longer sell in the junkyard btw it looks cool in the new format

Art is unavailable until tomorrow night, so he will not be dealing with any issues until that time. We do encourage everyone to continue to post questions/issues/comments as they will be gone through at that time. Thanks.

As I understand the new rules, I would not be allowed to post a for sale thread in the JunkYard, even though I am 10+ year member with multiple sales to my credit? I will only be allowed to post a sale If I buy the Premium Membership? So If I wanted to sell a $10 figure, It costs me more to place the ad than I would make in the sale?

I will try to read all this again later, I may have missed something.

I like the look of the posts - great job there. The pics on the overall forum page seem a bit squished (but not terrible) - the pics on that page are going to make it so much easier to navigate and I'm gonna spend more money because of it.

Like some, I'm not too keen on it being limited to Premium Members only. But, had this been more of an eBay style system, you could be paying by the ad and maybe even by a percentage. Yeah, it sucks for some folks... but, a lot of folks have made a lot of money off this site for free - it seems fair that there should be some payback for selling (is Premium the best way to do this? Maybe - maybe not... just remember, kids: the price could've been steeper).

Yeah I'm really not understanding the new rules laid out here. I'm not a seller by any means, I've used the JY to inform people of a few eBay sales here and there.. but to force people to buy a premium membership in order to post anything in the JY? You guys just alienated probably 85% of the people that use this site.

What if someone has a used prop they want to sell? What if some joe blow guy found a great way to make a particular prop but this isn't his main business but he has a few to sell?

I don't see this ending well.

I have to say, this Junkyard exceedes my expectations! Well done, gentlemen..

I think it sucks, big time.

I was promised that part of the new regulations would be that any seller who doesn't ship would have you and me flown out to his house.

Promises, promises ... then nothing.

Think of the airmiles lost :lol

I think it sucks, big time.

I was promised that part of the new regulations would be that any seller who doesn't ship would have you and me flown out to his house.

Promises, promises ... then nothing.

Think of the airmiles lost :lol

Dude, how much money do you think the RPF has??? Last I heard Art will be providing us skateboards. Yeah, we'll collect, but it may take us a while! :lol

As I understand the new rules, I would not be allowed to post a for sale thread in the JunkYard, even though I am 10+ year member with multiple sales to my credit? I will only be allowed to post a sale If I buy the Premium Membership? So If I wanted to sell a $10 figure, It costs me more to place the ad than I would make in the sale?

I will try to read all this again later, I may have missed something.

Okay, I'll go out on a limb here.
I'm not a premium member nor did I ever intend to be. However, I do sell items from time to time on the RPF so now it looks like I have to sign up. I know, I know, it's "only" thirty dollars a year. But that's not the point, man! It's the principal, dammit!

:lol

Guys, I felt the same way for about an hour, then I had a bourbon, sat back and thought about it. Use clonesix' example. Yeah, he only wants to sell a 10 dollar figure, but sell two more at that price and he's covered. My point, it really IS only 30.00. You know how much eBay charges??? You can sell $5,000.00 worth of items in a year and it will ONLY cost you 30.00 to do so. Nobody if forcing you to pay this, only if you want to sell. To buy something (respectively) is still free.
Now, if say you had to pay ANY amount annually just to be an RPF member, okay, I'll pull my pitchfork out and join the revolution. But that's not the case. It's still free to be a member, unless you want sell. The knee-jerk response is to think that we're being FORCED to pay money, but that's just not the case.
Sit back, have a bourbon and think about it. If you still come to the conclusion that you're being screwed, I encourage you to find another site where we can move our toys for free and still get this much exposure to our target audience. Then come back and tell us where it is!

I believe one does not need to purchase a full year premium membership to sell.

I think just by purchasing a month ($3 or $4 ?), one can sell anything during that time.

A full year makes sense to frequent sellers, and for one offs, they can just add $4 to the item cost.

Its-a-not-so-bad-as-it-a-looks :lol

I believe one does not need to purchase a full year premium membership to sell.

I think just by purchasing a month ($3 or $4 ?), one can sell anything during that time.

A full year makes sense to frequent sellers, and for one offs, they can just add $4 to the item cost.

Its-a-not-so-bad-as-it-a-looks :lol

Dammit, Alan, quit stealin' my thunder!

As of right now I'm seeing 16 thumbnails for "for sale" items, am I viewing this correctly? Sometimes I'd have to go through a few pages of items for sale to browse through everything. I'm assuming these are the only premium members selling? I just want to make sure I'm not being dense and overlooking something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back