Announcement Junkyard Changes - ALL PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We have been telling you about this for months and have even started implementing the changes, but we are now at the point of actually implementing the new sales area for the RPF and we are very excited to be offering it to you!

The link below lists the new Classifieds area Guidelines. Many things are the same, but a lot has changed so please read through them carefully!

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_jy_guide

These guidelines will go into effect on 04/14/2014!

We know this is a long read, but please take the time to read this from start to finish and don’t hesitate to ask questions if there is anything that is unclear.

---------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Items to check on regarding the New Junkyard:

• Stop OP from bumping a thread more than once every 24 hours
  • Increase image/text on index page for legibility (fixed)
  • Mark as read indicator on index page (added)
  • New/old indicator on index page (added)
  • Switch between thumbnail and list view on index page (added)
  • Add search bar in forum index (added)
  • Add subscribe button to forum index (added)
  • Look for paypal alternatives.
  • Add ability to change the number of items listed per page (added)
  • Add thread views to forum index (added)

Last edited by a moderator:
13. The sale or trade of live firearms is strictly prohibited on the site. The sale or trade of deactivated firearms is permitted only if the item in question has been rendered completely non-functional as described under the applicable laws of BOTH the buyer and seller’s home country/state/province.

Are edged weapons still allowed then (within general legality)? (pocket knives, daggers, swords, etc)

Will we be able to offer up multiples of the same item in one junkyard thread? For instance if I had 3 graflex replicas. Would there be a way to show that there are three available and just have one thread instead of three?

as of this morning, I have no access to the Junkyard. Are non-premium members going to be allowed to read the Junkyard? I understands the selling points as stated above.

Dave

I am unable to access the new Junkyard forum as well. :( If - as a non-premium member - I'm not going to be able to access the Junkyard, I'll be...well, disappointed. :(

Art - Is there any way to add a "Preview Listing" option to the new Junkyard to see how the listing looks before posting?

Also, can you adjust the limit on photos to more than four?

Last edited:
I get the shift to making selling only for paying customers, since you're providing a service it only makes sense.

That said, there needs to be a way to figure out how to upgrade to premium membership more streamlined and easier. This took me about 5 minutes, eventually found the details in the FAQ, but they were slightly incorrect as well.

To purchase your Premium Member subscription, go to your Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the left menu until you see the Miscellaneous Menu category. Under this category click "Paid Subscriptions" which will take you to the Paid Subscriptions page where you can purchase your Premium Member subscription and view your existing subscriptions and how much time remains on them!

The option is actually under the "My Account" settings.

Some people might give up after a couple minutes looking for this information. Making this process easier might encourage more subscriptions, more money, more JY sales, everybody's happy.

Except people buying Vader helmets because they're never happy.

Good point. We will focus on getting that streamlined.

I get the shift to making selling only for paying customers, since you're providing a service it only makes sense.

That said, there needs to be a way to figure out how to upgrade to premium membership more streamlined and easier. This took me about 5 minutes, eventually found the details in the FAQ, but they were slightly incorrect as well.

The option is actually under the "My Account" settings.

Some people might give up after a couple minutes looking for this information. Making this process easier might encourage more subscriptions, more money, more JY sales, everybody's happy.

Except people buying Vader helmets because they're never happy.

When posting up a listing, the seller must agree to the following statement:

" I will not request buyers pay through PayPal via "gift" or request buyers pay for PayPal fees."

Sorry if I missed it...but for our existing threads which actually fit under the description of Project Runs but are still in the old JY, are sellers required to go in and move them to the proper area or is that being done by staff?

Sorry if I missed it...but for our existing threads which actually fit under the description of Project Runs but are still in the old JY, are sellers required to go in and move them to the proper area or is that being done by staff?
It was posted in the Premium Member section... just report your threads and we will move them. Please be sure to mention what prefix they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back