Suggestion Junkyard: Buyers/Sellers Feedback?

Re: How about "transaction feedbacks?"

Dude. Did you read anything at all on this thread before you posted?

-Rylo

Hey guys, I was thinking about something.
I searched for it but couldn't find anything at all.

Have you admins thought about a system to make people give feedbacks to sellers and viceversa?

It could be an easy and quick way for old and new members to see if the seller has a history of good and smooth transaction or, in case of problems and issues, if he/she was able to find a way to solve them. At the same time, sellers could know in advance if the member buying is trust worthy.

What do you guys think?
I apologize if this has already brought to attention, but I couldn't find anything about feedbacks.

Thanks!

You mean on this forum?
I searched for it but coulnd't find it. I read something about reputation, but wasn't quite sure it was the same I had in mind.

Ok, I just saw it got moved. Ok, i'm gonna read it. Sorry ;)

Right here; On this very thread, 4 pages on the topic.

You mean on this forum?
I searched for it but coulnd't find it. I read something about reputation, but wasn't quite sure it was the same I had in mind.

Ok, I just saw it got moved. Ok, i'm gonna read it. Sorry ;)

Yeah, I post it in the premium suggestion sub forum and it got moved. When I read your reply I realized it got moved. I read it and got all the answers.

Thanks!

Didn't realize you were moved...Thought you just missed 4 pages of reading before posting. My apologies for crawling your frame.

-Rylo

Yeah, I post it in the premium suggestion sub forum and it got moved. When I read your reply I realized it got moved. I read it and got all the answers.

Thanks!

Rylo, I knew it could not be possible something like this was never discussed before, but I was willing to get the "hey i'm a dumb ***" sign on my head :D
So no worries, u've been way too nice too hahahaha ;)

Re: Trusted seller

A members join date can say quite a bit since crooks don't last long on this forum. Just search a members user name if you want to know about them. If you see a bunch of "Where's my ****" threads then you know to avoid them.

There are no absolutes a badge could provide. Be an educated consumer and check people out. :thumbsup

Being new here, it's kinda hard to know what seller to trust.. It would benefit to see a "trusted seller" badge or the like...

Having just posted in the OT about two deals gone bad with now-banned members:

How about a simple sticky in a prominent forum that lists bad deals, what the deal was, and the (probably now-banned) member's name? No, it won't prevent or enhance future sales here - but it *will* help people that may encounter these scammers on eBay or other forums.

Maybe an enhancement of the "recasters" thread; somewhere that it's in easy access so there's no excuse for people to post "anyone heard of this guy" threads.

Again, it's only a suggestion. Opinions on how to handle "feedback" are so polarized, I doubt there will ever be definitive solution (but we can try!)

I think it's important to remember the mods are no paid for what they do here.

A system like you're suggesting would need to be maintained and constantly updated. It would require some effort. The second someone slipped through the cracks the staff would then be blamed for a transaction gone bad. "Why wasn't this person banned, why wasn't the list updated, etc."

Again, there is nothing that can be done to protect the membership from an *******. We can only be educated consumers and check people out before working with them. It only takes a couple key strokes on the RPF to find out everything you'd like to know about another member.

No panel or rep system is going to make on-line transactions 100% safe. It's just a feel good sentiment that people would ignore anyway. I'm not picking on you man, but you're a perfect example for this argument. You ask for a rep system but ignored the advice members gave you over a banned member anyway. I mean, what the ****?! How can you be saved from yourself if you're going to do such a thing?

Quoting you here from another thread where you're venting about being ripped off: "YES, I know I went against good advice and trusted (now banned) members. YES, I should have spoken up sooner, rather than later. I didn't, I followed my gut, and my gut was wrong."

How can any system possibly have helped you? Again, not picking on you, but the fact remains, people throw common sense out of the window when there's an item they want to buy.

-Rylo

Having just posted in the OT about two deals gone bad with now-banned members:

How about a simple sticky in a prominent forum that lists bad deals, what the deal was, and the (probably now-banned) member's name? No, it won't prevent or enhance future sales here - but it *will* help people that may encounter these scammers on eBay or other forums.

Maybe an enhancement of the "recasters" thread; somewhere that it's in easy access so there's no excuse for people to post "anyone heard of this guy" threads.

Again, it's only a suggestion. Opinions on how to handle "feedback" are so polarized, I doubt there will ever be definitive solution (but we can try!)

Last edited:
Ok - in my own defense: I was given *no* advice from anyone, neither of the members were banned, and neither exhibited a bad rep or behavior. I had a positive deal in the past with szlemm and checked Weno out before I bought the computer; he refurbishes them for a living. I'm not crying that there's no rep system in place; I merely suggested word of these type of shenanigans get consolidated - to help people that may not read every post of every thread to know what these people are like if they run across them on another forum or eBay.

I *wasn't* suggesting a moderated rating system, I was suggesting a sticky that the members posted bad deals to. Nothing more than what I posted; if a post was objectionable it could be reported like any other post. Like you said, it would help people become educated.

No offense taken on your post - we're on the same side. And you're right: if somebody wants something badly enough, they will put common sense aside. In my case, it wasn't common sense, it was being too tolerant. Either one can be defined as stupidity, just a different flavor.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back