Suggestion Junkyard: Buyers/Sellers Feedback?

Sorry to bump this yet again, but may I add my opinion?

I think all we need is a "sticky" of some sort in the JY, and a general rule that only generic posts be made. On the lines of "I bought a helmet from Gemini Kahn. He was great, and so is the helmet". Or "Just did a deal with Stark1138. Shipped fast, very cool, thanks Bro!".

This type of forum is used on a guitar board that I'm on - basically it lets everyone know that a transaction went well or not so well. Very rarely does someone have a problem, and when they do, it becomes a thread (like the MasterLe thread here). Most "negative" posts are on the order of "Hey - I just bought a guitar from MetalMan. It's a great axe, bro, but you forgot to mention the trem was busted." So now I know that if I deal with MetalMan, I'd better ask a few questions, or take my chances.

You could give it a try; if it doesn't work, delete it. If it does, it shuts up all of us that are yammering for some kind of feedback.

Seriously: I've made a number of purchases since I joined. Everyone I've dealt with has been great - and I'd like to let the community know that!

Thanks for your time.

If you could figure out a way to rate the buyer/seller without mentioning the merchandise that's one thing, but I can't think of many propmakers who want a running, on-line registry of everything they've sold on the RPF.

Some of you forget that there are full-time builders/propmakers, here. Not many of us want a running ledger of our transactions. You may want to think this through a little bit, otherwise; you might as well call it, "Exhibit A, B, etc."

As for a sticky?? Who's going to moderate it? The mods are busy as-is. That's a whole new nightmare, managing opinion!

I think the RPF has done fine policing itself over the last decade. People know exactly who the good and bad guys are. Goons simply do not last here.

I don't mind saying I have a problem with people who have been here all of 10 minutes suggesting just about anything new. I mean, damn. You don't even know what we like the thermostat set at yet and you're already moving the furniture.

Last edited:
I think the RPF has done fine policing itself over the last decade. People know exactly who the good and bad guys are. Goons simply do not last here.

I don't mind saying I have a problem with people who have been here all of 10 minutes suggesting just about anything new. I mean, damn. You don't even know what we like the thermostat set at yet and you're already moving the furniture.

Apologies. Yes, I've only been here three months. I'm not trying to change anything, just made a suggestion that I thought may be useful, using a thread that others started so I didn't create a new useless one. I will try and be more careful in the future before posting.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm just suggesting trying the place out first.

Apologies. Yes, I've only been here three months. I'm not trying to change anything, just made a suggestion that I thought may be useful, using a thread that others started so I didn't create a new useless one. I will try and be more careful in the future before posting.

Is there a general feedback thread?

I've been in contact with some really cool people who have helped me acquire items for my collection, or just gave me super advice to fix, repair or rebuild props/replicas.

Just a thread where we can say things like, "excellent to deal with", "outstanding service", "provided super advice and assistance", etc.

That way we could click on the thread and know who to go to for problems/advice, or who is good to go to deal with.

Deal with a new person, just make another post describing in general how they helped.

What do you think?

Re: Is there a general feedback thread?

I agree this would be a great Idea. I'd really like to give proper feedback for the great people I've dealt with on the forum. :thumbsup

Re: Is there a general feedback thread?

This is something I'd like to see as I've had dealings with many of the members here via the JY. A formal place to leave some feedback would be great.

Mods & Staff when you get a chance please give this some serious consideration. :)

Thanks,
Malc.

I concur a place to give praise or not so praise would be beneficial to most. And help out the average Joe in who to deal with or steer clear of....

Junkyard Feedback

Hi guys :)

I think a member have already ask this but it could be a good idea to make a feedback thread or function for the Junkyard.

In a forum where i am since 2005 we have that:

If a member is not serious his feedback show it :)

It's just an idea guys :love

Last edited:
Re: Junkyard Feedback

Looks like a good idea to me. I wonder how hard it would be to put it into practice.

Re: Junkyard Feedback

On the snowtroopers website I go to, they just have a section for posting like the all the sections we have here and one is feedback, and say some one bought something from me and it was the first time I ever sol anything here, they would start a new thread in the feedback section title, Familyman. and then from then on anyonw dealing with me would post in that thread. and vice versa. It would be so easy for the RPF to make another section for us to post in.

reviews/ratings for trades

Hey!

Seeing as a lot of threads here are people saying XYZ ripped them off etc, how about integrating a system, in which you can rate/review your trade with somebody. kinda like the ebay ratings.

this would, over time improve the trade problems, i think :)

just a thought
EoS

Re: reviews/ratings for trades

The integrated Reputation system could work for that, but it would be pretty unreliable. People often don't think of rating things when they're happy with it, only when they're displeased.

Just my opinion though, and I'm just zis guy, y'know?

It also wouldn't mean that even members with good trade histories wouldn't have issues. We have a system on the figure site for traders and each time you have a good trade you list their name and how ever items you got. Example being mine would be Sephiroth +1 for one good trade with me. Eventually those with enough bad trades get banned but it's usually too late. A rule we unofficially have on there is the person with the least trades/posts sends first but that has drawbacks.

Without creating some type of "history" like eBay does (which is something most sellers, even very good selllers, have no desire to do) it is almost impossible to do this. We are open to suggestion, but the largest roadblock is that most people don't want a public history of their transactions for reasons that shouldn't need to be stated.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back