Jumanji Game Board Replica by VM

VladMartin

Hi everyone! I'm from Russia and I adore for Jumanji. My English is not very good, but I'll try to do my best ;-)

I know many people on this forum are already making Jumanji replicas, and it maybe slowly becomes common thing) But I grew up watching Jumanji movie and now it is one of my favorites. I always wanted to have my own Jumanji game, so I decided to make a replica. In fact I started the work in January 2014, but I realized just now that I can make my own thread here :-D

So, I already have many reference pictures of movie game board that can be found on the Internet, and many movie stills. I even found and bought four holographic cards with tokens to make ones more accurate.

I started to post my progress on Behance first, but now I will post it in this thread too.
This is the link to Work in Progress on Behance. You can find there all my progress for now.
http://www.behance.net/wip/552651/1013797

And there is some pictures of it.

This is my drawings based on reference pictures of hero board and movie stills.
1013797.53ed25df1bd24.jpg 1015329.53ed29ae397cc.jpg 1016877.53ed2db539456.jpg

Tokens are done already. This is my first try. I think the monkey is perfect, but other three tokens need to be redone. Croc's eyes in fact slightly different, rhino needs to be more brutal and elephant's head is bigger than original.
1052733.53ed88bc01e58.jpg 1099201.53ee04067e3cc.jpg 1320273.53f11710f3fe7.jpg 1373323.540da78cb1d95.jpg

The dice. It's not the final of course, just base.
1387133.54148bcb6e3a9.jpg

So, the work goes not so fast as I want because of perfectionism, but it goes :)

Please, do comment and say what you think about all this :)

dice temp.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the dice from the dvd. Your dice diagram on that sheet of paper has the "2" and "5" reversed. They need to be swapped.
(if you haven't done so already.)

In fact I have almost all movie stills with dice and some pictures of props on that sheet of paper :cool

009 - ?????.jpg

It's interesting that after comparison of these images I found out that in some scenes of the movie there were pair of identical dice and in some scenes there were different ones. Well, I decided to make pair of different dice. I thought it'll be more intriguing :D By the way the difference between these was in general that "1" and "6" were on opposite sides.

And this is what I finally get. I Hope there isn't any mistake after all :)

Untitled-1.jpg

I think I share blueprints when (or "if" :D) my replica will be completely done. Well, I tried to do these perfectly accurate to the movie board. So I think many people would be interested in it.

hi VladMartin,

great job so far, I'll be looking forward to your progress pictures :)

I think I share blueprints when (or "if" :D) my replica will be completely done. Well, I tried to do these perfectly accurate to the movie board. So I think many people would be interested in it.

Hi everyone! There's my progress by now.

I've completely remade rhino token. I think it's perfect enough now :D
IMG_2650.JPGIMG_2651.JPG

And the dice were sanded to look like imperfect cube. I placed temporary spots on these to make it easy to drill holes instead them next.
IMG_2636.JPGIMG_2653.JPG

Last edited:
By the way the difference between these was in general that "1" and "6" were on opposite sides.

And this is what I finally get. I Hope there isn't any mistake after all :)

View attachment 376506
There is a rule that ordinary 6-sided dice such as these must always have opposite faces add up to 7. Beyond that, there are several alternative ways in which the markings can be arranged such as the orientations of the 2, 3 and 6 pip faces; and as you've discovered, there are two different basic ways to arrange the faces: when looking at the corner where (for example) 1, 2 and 3 meet, the order can go either clockwise or counterclockwise.

Hi everyone!
So the tokens and dice' molds are ready. I've placed the picture of original movie tokens above so you can compare it with my replicas below. They aren't perfectly identical of course, but I think they good enough though. I will try to cast the tokens in resin with some metallic, aging etc. effects later.

Originals vs Replicas.jpg

Mmm, interesting thread. Owning two of markpoons boards, which look great already, I'm really curious how this one will turn out. This is a very complicated prop, so looking forward to so more WIP pics...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back