Juggernaut *UPDATE 7-13-15* Suit UP!

Re: Juggernaut costume

Yeah, pretty sure no.

The fan will need to face the outside air to circulate anything back to you. You're just going to get misted (and thus extra dampening of your suit) with some recycled air and it won't take like you're hoping it will.

I'm especially worried about the moisture.

I did something like this with my Tusken Raider, and I quickly stripped clean any moisture elements and just went with the fan, which was hidden underneath some light cotton, and then I rigged a tube system to feed it up into my helmet to blow outside air into my face. It ended up being too cumbersome, so I just dealt with sweating and hydrate sufficiently beforehand and after.

Thanks for the input. after thinking about the desgin I believe that you are right and that a fana dn copper tube would cause more moisture problems than it would solve (sweating and such). I still think there has to be a simple way of cooling myself. I am no stranger to sweating in suits ( I have a foam Warmachine and a Tk) but in a full upholstery foam suit I believe that overheated could be a medical problem as there would be NO airflow in the suit.

I have been looking into Thermoelectric cooling as well. This employs the Peltier effect and basically causes one side to get cold while the other side gets hot (super simplified explanation). I know that there are very expensive cooling suits with circulating water, but they cost upwards of $400-700. Thanks for your honest opinion Kix and the realworld advice. I would hopw that if we can figure something out that a lot of people (ironman, stormtroopers, etc.) could employ this and make everyone's life alot more present while in costume!

- - - Updated - - -

Cooling Vest example
http://www.batteryheatedclothing.co...Clothing/circulating-cold-water-cooling-vest/

New updates! I have been scratching my head on how to build the torso without making it look goofy. My initial instinct was that bigger is better, but after some thinking I realized that making the muscles too big will make it very hard to move as well as look ridiculous as they would look out of proportion. I will upload some of my reference pictures in a minute to let you see my goal. I have added the trapeszius muscles and will finish with the latisimus dorsi before I go to bed.
20150227_232244.jpg20150227_232310.jpg20150227_232327.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are images that I have found around the internet. *These are not my design or creation* simply reference for me and now for you. Am I on the right track? Let me know

- - - Updated - - -

These are images that I have found around the internet. *These are not my design or creation* simply reference for me and now for you. Am I on the right track? Let me know
hulk01qn1.jpg009aRulk_sculptfinal1.jpg9-2.jpg5966a7340d0b3b5dc21245c2d1b80e35.jpg

It's looking good so far. I think bulking up the back and filling out the lats will really add to the believability.

Something that I think you might be neglecting is this area that I've circled in red. I don't really have a name for it. The way your muscle suit is going right now there are gigantic pecs and abdominal muscles sitting on a weak little skeleton. Filling out this section suggests that he has a strong rib cage capable of supporting those muscles.
fflgn74i.jpg

Awesome Hazmat! Thank you for pointing that out to me. I would have completely overlooked that area. I just finished working on the lats so I'll upload those in a minute. Thank you again for your honest opinions. I think sometimes people get nervous that they might offend the builder, but that how we learn from each other and get better at building!

Re: Juggernaut costume *UPDATE 2-28-15*

After working most of the evening, I have an issue. The Biceps are very close to the pecs and I am limited in my options due to my arm length. Anyone else run into this problem or have a suggestion? His Bicep is going to be rather small compared to the rest of the arms.

on my hulk suit ( http://www.therpf.com/f78/big-muscly-character-base-hulk-thanos-thing-233192/index2.html )
the chest is quite wide and my arms aren't long enough to reach the hands and i've ran into the same problem
you can spare to extend the width of the chest without needing long arms
if you are going to create moving hands i would suggest that you use this mechanism
http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Animatronics-robotic-hand/?ALLSTEPS
it obviously needs to be scaled up a bit and could probably be made with sturdier materials
my hulk hands wont be able to move so ill probably just attach them to the wrist and mount a handle inside so can still move the arm around
just an idea
good luck on your suit its looking great!

Thanks superdaft, I am subscribed to your hulk thread and it looks awesome! So you think I could slim the chest to increase my arm length? It soounds like it might work but I'll have to do a lot of thinking and testing before I cut my suit in half. Thank you for your suggestions!

Thanks superdaft, I am subscribed to your hulk thread and it looks awesome! So you think I could slim the chest to increase my arm length? It soounds like it might work but I'll have to do a lot of thinking and testing before I cut my suit in half. Thank you for your suggestions!
I guess you could slim the chest down
what i was saying was you can still keep the chest wide but you'll have to use arm/hand extenders instead of having to shorten the arms
i hope this makes sense haha

Juggernaut costume *UPDATE 2-28-15*

Great build! I am not a learned student of this character but he is Juggernaut, not "bench-pressernaut," right? He mainly smashes into stuff? I think somewhat smaller pecs are perfectly in keeping with his particular shtick. Powerful back, thighs, abdomen and neck are critical. Pecs, not so much. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, remember that the pectoralis muscle is triangular, coming to a point laterally at its insertion into the humerus (arm bone). Start trimming there and it will reveal the biceps more.

20150308_100926.jpg20150308_100926.jpg
i adjusted the pecs more to the center and added the foam for the other shoulder (not trimmed yet) better closer warmer?

Juggernaut costume *UPDATE 2-28-15*

Way better. Look at anatomy drawings and you will improve the front of the armpit. The deltoid is also triangular and it should not (IMHO) come quite that far around to the front. That will free up your arm to swing forward at the shoulder while wearing the costume.
This is excellent work!

My progress for this weekend. I think I freed up enough room for the biceps. Started the lower torso (Which looks very sassy from the back). Hopefully I can get some more foam this week and have something I can walk around in by the end of the week! Thanks everyone for the help and keep the advice coming!
sassy shorts.jpgsassy shorts2.jpgsassy shorts3.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back