Judge Dread , Judge Death armour build

Fantastic work !!!
Ive gotta lotta love for old Judge Death and you are certainly doing him justice.
The crime is talent ..... the sentence is keep going !!!!
:)

I decided to fix the portcullis on with screws . I got some m5 allen headed set screws from a supplier I pass on my way to work , they`re stainless and match the upholstery pins nicely .

After using masking tape to protect the helmet , I taped the visor over the helmet and into the position I decided looked best . Then I drilled (gulp) holes into the helmet through the visor .

IMG00308-20130226-1935_zps1f94f79e.jpg

Removing the visor I then opened out the holes and used a thread tap to cut an m5 thread into the helmet shell .

IMG00309-20130226-1935_zpsf17ead4c.jpg

Once all the masking tape was removed , and the dust wiped away , the portcullis was screwed into its final postition .

IMG00310-20130226-1958_zps64d9fbe4.jpg

Whew ... FINISHED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is on my temporary display , this is how it will appear at the SF Weekender event 1/2 march.

IMG00313-20130226-2002_zps6a918c6d.jpg

After the event this weekend , I intend to re-do the display in time for the RPF prop party show season that is fast approaching here in the UK .
My intention is to make a correct looking comic book Judge Death head for the helmet to sit upon . Wish me luck ......................

IMG00314-20130226-2003_zps10379631.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome , please do the other dark judge helmets :)
Also just a suggestion, but you could do green skin and yellow teeth on your skull, that would be a nice touch

Thanks guys for all the encouraging comments .
Tobot ...I intend to re-do the skull after the event this weekend, the skull is just a temporary thing as I didn`t have enough time.

My intention is to create a comic book Death "head" to sit the death helmet on .

Im not sure the other dark judges are well known enough to be worth making ..?? Plus display space could be a problem . But never say never eh ?

Last edited:
Any decent 2000AD fan will know a dark judge when they see one, and Death was always on a mission to get the team together for a spot of cleansing ;)

One of my friends in the Galactic Knights costuming group that I belong to, has a Judge Fear helmet ...so now there are two !!!
Photos to follow.

That's a very nice helmet :thumbsup

Hey, maybe once you've got the Judge Death display head done, you could turn the skull into Judge Fire. Use red and orenge LEDs to light it from inside, and do the silk flames and fan trick, it would look awesome) ;)

Seems the news has spreaded to this part of the web, impressive!
Thanks for liking Headhunters and mine work on the Judge Death project, hope you like what you see here :)

No probs :)

Well if you like this i can tell you that I´m working on Judge Mortis costume now and a fanmovie about the dark judges with a movie studio so full budget and for free for fans :)
For pictures and updates you can check out my Deviantart account, there you find my facebook page and such as well:
warrior1944 (Judge Death) on deviantART

Is thinking about making a thread for this, need as many to know about it and support if it shall be a success, both for this and make Dredd movie get a sequel :)

$(KGrHqR,!hgF!ys+5d!sBQ(1h2HCs!~~60_57.jpg
I used an Airsoft Mask for my Sons Judge Death face. I used a Poultry Water feeder as a helmet!
Once i'd used some 3mm foam to skin the mask it looked like this.
10377068_10206772628092669_8099675156319672923_n.jpg
Once the helmet was added.
10153832_10206809215647335_1933442930186601889_n.jpg
Thanks for the inspiration of your build,i now have an idea of how to complete the shoulders.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back