Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Clone Wars Kay

I recently started to get into cosplay and EVA foam and though I am far from skilled, I’d like to share my progress.
I started this Anakin Skywalker Season 1-2 Clone Wars cosplay because I honestly just liked his armour. And despite the fact that I am not a male, I still thought this would be a fun project to carry out.

The templates only took a few hours to figure out. I started by measuring my chest, how far down I wanted the armour to go and the approximate width I was looking for. I then did a rough sketch on paper and solidified the lines.
When the templates had been cut on paper and taped, and when I got a shape I was happy with, I made a rough draft of the armour. I like to use camping mats that I bought from Dollarama for $4 a roll because they’re easy enough to cut, glue and to get an idea of what the finished project will look like. I used this method a lot with the Ahsoka cosplay I am currently working on. I pretty much refer to this material as “test foam”.
File_002 (1).jpeg

I will attach the templates I made below, feel free to use them and comment if you do! I'd love to see them.
The centre front piece (pieces) and centre back piece (pieces) are made from 1 cm EVA foam floor mats. I got them at Walmart in a pack of 4 for about $20. The side pieces that drape over the shoulders are made from 5 mm EVA foam purchased at Michael's. For reference, the pink is 1 cm foam, the white is 5 mm.
File_000 (3).jpeg
File_000 (4).jpeg

I heat sealed and shaped everything slightly with a heat gun before contact cementing. A word of advice; the shoulder pieces that connect to the front and back panels are slightly curved, try and straighten them out more or cut them at a less drastic angle before attaching. I had to go back in with super glue because the contact cement wan't sticking at the ends. After everything was connected, I went to prime and paint. I didn't add the rink that goes around the inside, simply because my head didn't fit. That's another thing to make note of; ensure your head fits through the hole.
The Canadian equivalent of Plasti-Dip is Rust-Oleum Automotive Peel Coat ( Verify Your Identity ), which I sprayed everything with before applying spray paint. I used a gloss dark grey and found that it fit nicely ( Rust-Oleum 340g Painters Touch 2X Grey Gloss Alkyd Paint | Home Hardware ).
So far, this is my progress (pictures below). I can't wait to see how this turnes out and I hope this post helped!
File_006.jpeg
File_004 (1).jpeg
File_005.jpeg
File_003 (1).jpeg

Templates:

File_000 (5).jpeg
File_001 (2).jpeg
File_003 (2).jpeg
File_002 (2).jpeg

Attachments

• File_003 (2).jpeg
    File_003 (2).jpeg
    699.2 KB · Views: 33

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.