JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files'n'tricks ►Spaceballs Darkhelmet◄ added.

this so rock's thank u for all the work u did and making the pep downloadable
i was going to pull my hair out soon !!!! ;P

Just saw this thread.... and WOW.

I have tried my best with foam... having tried to create a ODST halo suit from it.... but this is a wonderful find... and I read this thread all the way thru....

Just curious... will the Iron Man Ultimate foam PDO be available????

Merci My friend!

Cujo

hey JF do you have a foam version of the armour from the game section 8?

It's on my pending list... For now I've not free time enough. :(

Re: FOAM speed building files'n'tricks ►StarGate heads◄ added.

Amazing as usual. Too cool that you have the ability to see and unfold these things....

Hey JF,

You've been busy! I still remember reading your first thread about the Mk IV Iron Man you made. And you've done even more amazing work since then! Speaking of which, I was wondering if you'll get around to doing the Mk 42/8 Iron Man files, maybe converting ironmaided's or something like that. Would that be doable?

Lovin all your hard work bro!

Aeric

Hey JF....

Been trying my had at doing a couple helmets in foam... both 3MM foamie sheets and 6MM camping mats.... but I am having big issues with getting the scale right for my big coconut.... Got any helpful tricks?

Cujo

when you open pepakura des, right click in the 2d part and choose measure distance between 2 points. that gives you an idea of the actual width and depth of the helmet.

That Iron Patriot looks amazing. Any chance the mkXVII (heartbreaker) or mkXLII will make an appearance here soon?

Here's what Durkness built so far with these IP templates.

That Iron Patriot looks amazing. Any chance the mkXVII (heartbreaker) or mkXLII will make an appearance here soon?
Not before a full model and its paper unfold are released ;)
For now I return to this HD N7 foam suit... be patient.

please tell me you plan on doing a foam gemini sub orbital suit? dont know why but ever since i laid eyes on that suit i have wanted to make one so bad, i cant wait for more reference shots to come out for the back so i can finally get started

I've done a few foamie peps now without "converting" them to foam files. All I do is build the paper model, then cut it into large sub-assemblies and use those paper sub-assemblies as templates for cutting out the foam pieces. The trick is to cut the paper model into as few "natural" pieces as possible, and to make sure the paper sub-assemblies all lie flat so you can cut them out of foam (you'll probably have to slice a few slits into them for that). It's basically the same process as modifying a pep file by eliminating edges, but you're doing it to the actual paper model instead of the computer 3d model, so anyone can do it even if they don't know how to modify or work with pep files, and it will work on any pep file, whether it's been modified for foam or not. So you won't have to learn to modify the file in Pep Designer, or wait for someone else to do it for you.

Some folks might want to try it out. :)

@JFcustom Thanks again for the hard work!! It´s amazing!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back