JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files'n'tricks ►Daft Punk helmet◄ added.

Hey, its me again. I finished my suit in time and had a great evening. Had to make some minor changes due to wearability but it turned out okay for a speedbuild and my first build ever :love. Just wanted to say thank you again. I took a Picture with my brothers smartphone, I hope I'll get some from the party itself.
Oh, and I won a dinner for two :)

eqayt856.jpg

@nights...looks awesome, but i think you put the cod piece on backwards...

yeah, I added the velcro to the back and recognized that very late in the build. I had no time to rebuild so changed the front and flipped it :lol

JFcustom this is indeed an awesome thread. I humbly ask if there are any plans to do a Grunt's armor from Mass Effect? If so I would be most appreciative. Please and thank you.

I know JF said in the first post that all male suits are scaled to 6'
I'm 5'11', average propotional body size, so I didn't change anything.

I've just built the lower forarm (I didn't change the scale from 20.909091).
I'm not able to get my hand through it. I don't have big hands at all.

Could someone who is also ~6" tall, and didn't change the scale have any troubles with size? Did you make any scale adjustments?

Thanks a bunch

Edit:
this is my first build...so please bare with me
Is this one of the places someone would leave a seam open and use some velco to close it once it's on?

Last edited:

These foam unfolds are awesome ! and thank you, with the recent Iron Patriot pep finished any shot we might be graced with a JF Foam unfold ?

Vcut01.gif

Please someone tell me how to do this cut. I cant understand well on how to make it. (I speak Spanish and English but sometimes i get confused.)

It will be appreciated.

I plan my angled cuts in advance. I study the templates, the final result I want to achieve, and angle the x-acto knife as much as it has to be. Then I cut the part from the board with the proper angle.

After I cut the pieces out I use a pair of scissors to cut the angle I want. If it's a steep angle, ex. 90 degrees, I use a rotary tool on both of the edges for a flat seal.

You are going to have to edit your "how to sharpen a blade" tutorial now....

I'm doing the Mk7 arms at the moment.
I can't seem to find a pep piece for the elbo joint. It shows in the 3d but I don't see it as part of the bicep file.

Is it missing...or am I missing something?

Maybe I'll freestyle something for it

Thanks again Darkside501 and JF for these files...too much fun!!!!!!

Oh ya...I also found this bad boy...but for some really annoying reason, online sellers won't ship it to Canada...BOOOOO!!!!

V-Groove cutter made by FoamWerks
WC-2001-00.jpg

Looks really slick for undercutting the hill folds. Has anyone ever used one?

Last edited:

I'm doing the Mk7 arms at the moment.
I can't seem to find a pep piece for the elbo joint. It shows in the 3d but I don't see it as part of the bicep file.

Is it missing...or am I missing something?

Maybe I'll freestyle something for it

Thanks again Darkside501 and JF for these files...too much fun!!!!!!

I am not sure if it is in JFcustom's files but if not then here is the original foam unfold:
http://sdrv.ms/QbYUL4

I also have the papakura version in my thread too.

Re: FOAM speed-building files'n'tricks : added IM mk6.

I'm quoting myself, if it can help, about how to get a pivoting elbow instead of gluing it to the forearm.

Ok, so I know this post was from a looooong time ago, but I've started an Iron Man build and everything was going fine, all the pieces getting better every time I made one, until I got to the forearm and it didn't go together properly!

The back bit of it (near the elbow) is ok, but the front part (near the wrist) is a different diameter, and so it doesn't sit properly in the rear part for gluing. I've spotted in these pictures some webbing inside, so is that how you connected the two bits instead of gluing them? That would make things a lot simpler for me!

P.S. Here is how my arm looks at the minute. I can either have it towards the top or bottom if I attach it with glue, or if I use webbing I could make it "float" I guess

Just Playing, Did you check to see the retail outlets in Canada? I found several out here on the wet coast, including Opus art supplies. So there are ways to order them in Canada. Good luck on your project.

Oh ya...I also found this bad boy...but for some really annoying reason, online sellers won't ship it to Canada...BOOOOO!!!!

V-Groove cutter made by FoamWerks
WC-2001-00.jpg

Looks really slick for undercutting the hill folds. Has anyone ever used one?

Yep, I have that thing. It works okay when you have long V-cuts to make. It works best with the corresponding ruler. But I wouldn't buy it again for the price they ask. You just won't use it that much. A sharp blade is much better. What I do recommend is the 45°/90° cutter from Foamwerks. That thing is awesome!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back