JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files'n'tricks ►Space Marine◄ added

The fold cuts are on the inside of the foam, so as long as they are straight, they don't have to be teribally clean cut, they wont be seen

What tools have you guys used to make the V cuts on the underside of the foam (mountain folds)? I tried the Xacto foam cutter (7747) to no avail (cuts big and deep or not deep enough..depending on setting of two blades)...also a normal Xacto blade (no 11) but it's trickier to make cleaner cuts along the dotted fold lines.

Next I will try a hot knife...but any tools you use to make a guaranteed clean cut every time?

thanks in advance

i recomend you use a hot knife. you can get one at michaels for about $12.

get your "tool box" together
1. hot knife
2. xacto knife
3. hot glue gun
4. heat gun
5. metal ruler
6. sharp scissors
7. sharpie markers

its all here: How To Make Halo Spartan Armor

JFcustom I would like to thank you for this thread it has given me the very base of my understanding Foam costume building this one was a god send bro you are a scholar and a gentlemen I can't thank you enough for this I will be putting this info to good use on my Iron Man Mark 47 build which I will be using for a program aimed to teach kids about the dangers of drug In my towns schools about 5 in all a 2 month volunteer effort by myself and some very good friends of mine and now my 2nd attempt at my first build will be handled much better because if this so thanks again bro hope this new years goes good for ya
teaching kids about the dangers of drug ? Such a honorable aim. Will it turn into something like "drugs are baaad ! drugs'll ruin your brain. Not convinced ? look at me, over 30yo now and still disguising myself as a Marvel superhero..."
Tactically very sly. :thumbsup

teaching kids about the dangers of drug ? Such a honorable aim. Will it turn into something like "drugs are baaad ! drugs'll ruin your brain. Not convinced ? look at me, over 30yo now and still disguising myself as a Marvel superhero..."
Tactically very sly. :thumbsup

ROTFLMAO!!! That is so wrong, but so darn funny! I'm 50 omg I am laughing so hard my sides hurt!:lol

I don't suppose you have any foam files for a Starcraft Marine stashed away, do you JFcustom? All I've been able to find is paper files for half of the suit, seems their creator never released (or finished, near as I can tell) the rest.

JFcustom, thanks for putting this all together. Incredible tips and tutorials.

robo3687
DarkSide501st
EyeofSauron
Dancin_Fool
Eirth
Robogenesis
Sharkhead7854
Labsic,

Thanks for letting JFcustom share your creations, very much appreciated.

Hey JFcustom, thanks for sharing your files. I want to build a whole suit in just 3 weeks and your files may just be right for that!

Thanks to you. Always a pleasure.
You make me think about this post, few pages earlier. If you start three weeks ahead you have all your chances of success by your side.
Good build to you, and start a WIP thread :D

I don't suppose you have any foam files for a Starcraft Marine stashed away, do you JFcustom? All I've been able to find is paper files for half of the suit, seems their creator never released (or finished, near as I can tell) the rest.
Hey CJGrimm, look at what I've just extracted from a *.upk UT mod :

terran.jpg

The last pics of the couple of Space Marines for kids, taken last year. These half-suits where under their Chrstmas tree during the holydays, I guess I'll have feedback from their parents tomorrow at school (hoping the two brothers will not arrive disguised!).

Last edited:

Dude, that's awesome. I hesitate to ask if you will be tackling that next. Like the lil' Space marines, I'd think it was cool if they did show up at school in disguise.

I am looking for this too. Would you share the model?
I will. I planed to share *.pdo for foam. At first it must be deeeeeply edited, and splited and unfolded, but if you're rushed I can send you by now the primary *.obj file shown above as it was embeded in the game mod package. PM me your @ if you're interested.
And to anyone who can be interested in unfolding it for paper pep too.

Last edited:

Thanks to you. Always a pleasure.
You make me think about this post, few pages earlier. If you start three weeks ahead you have all your chances of success by your side.
Good build to you, and start a WIP thread :D

Thanks, I just realized I have till February 8th...thats a little more time than expected.

This is what I have so far

nygoxl8v.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back