JFcustom's FOAM files

SWEEEET dude.

The proportions looks spot on. did you have to adjust the scale much?? like different part of body is different scale or were they all set at a certain scale?

Thank you for the cyberman files JF! I was a huge hit at the Wizard World St Louis thanks to your files...
10014611_10153948656265034_81916034_n.jpg

It is so great to see this stuff getting built... :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn I'm sure it makes all the unfolding more worthwhile for JF as well :thumbsup

Hi JF

I just want to thank you for all the Great Work and Tips in your thread and for all the guys helping you with unfolds and "prototyping" the builds so that Noobs like me can also create something awesome I and I think its safe to say everyone else really appreciates it

Finally started my first project tonight i have read an re-read all your tips will post a pic of my project as soon as i finish i started small will work from there

Keep up the great work :D

P.S. If anyone has a foam armor unfold for Deathstroke Arkham Origins I would greatly appreciate it

Nice and clean :) It makes me think I don't even have built my own batcowl yet... I need one !

Updates on JTM's Iron Man mark7, I'll share my unfolds once I'm done with it. Why not now ? Because I'm still improving these files here and there to make them easier and more accurate.

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/mos01/mk710_th.jpghttp://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/mos01/mk711_th.jpghttp://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/mos01/mk712_th.jpghttp://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/mos01/mk713_th.jpghttp://www.wintershade.com/therpf/wip/mos01/mk714_th.jpg

Hey JFcustom, did you ever upload the final pep files? thanks

Actually, a still missing boot file and the fact it's scaled for a 5'7" guy is the only couple of things that doesn't turn the present package into this famous final package. Sure you can deal with it. At worst, build boots last. ;)

-> http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/index75.html#post3192151

Hey JF

Is the whole file of the MK7 made for 5'7?
I just started building this yesterday (the arm) and I did the scaling you showed me. scale # x 69 / 72 = ...... I scaled it from 6' (because I thought default was 6') to what should be 5'9 and it fits me spot on, I am 5'7 so I am abit confused, is this suit really made for 5'7? I am definitely 5'7 lol

Hey JF! A question mate! After finishing the chest and back captain rex i found out i cant put them on while they are whole.They are my size,but when connected together i cant put them :D ow to u do it?do u cut them and use straps to put them together?Its my first build and I am curious!Thanks!

Is the whole file of the MK7 made for 5'7?
I just started building this yesterday (the arm) and I did the scaling you showed me. scale # x 69 / 72 = ...... I scaled it from 6' (because I thought default was 6') to what should be 5'9 and it fits me spot on, I am 5'7 so I am abit confused, is this suit really made for 5'7? I am definitely 5'7 lol
Every 5'7" guy don't have the same arm lengh. Each part in this *.rar is independently scaled for the 5'7" guy I buit the suit to.
You should always use the Pepakura measurement tool anyway before printing anything.

Hey JF! A question mate! After finishing the chest and back captain rex i found out i cant put them on while they are whole.They are my size,but when connected together i cant put them :D ow to u do it?do u cut them and use straps to put them together?Its my first build and I am curious!Thanks!
Sometimes back and chest can be worn on and off just like a T-shirt. Sometimes they don't. And if they don't, you'll want to find a smart placement for a cut to split your suit. One on each side from belt to armpit, or a single one in the middle of the back, or any other way you'll select. Clue : the actors also actually have to put their "real" armous on in the movies. Search for the real placement from screenshots or ref pics ;)
Then use velcro, or zipper, or press-release clips, or magnets, or anything of your own as fasten system.

Last edited:
that would be so awesome if you were working with Syrus54 to make foam version of his work, like the mark 39 gemini (i fraking love this armor)!
Because, I understand why he is not distributing pdos anymore but because of that it's a real pain for me to work with thèses PDS...

DreddLid.jpg
I finally finished making the Dredd helmet using JFCustom's file ^^

The visor in the picture is temporary to hold the helmet in place, I used Liquid Rubber to coat it, it works ok, but I don't think this is the UK equivalent to what JFCustom uses to coat his stuff, any UK guys have any idea to what the UK equivalent to what JFCustom uses? Any help would be appreciated ^^

This is what I used:
ronseal-isoflex-liquid-rubber-black-range.jpg

View attachment 310737
I finally finished making the Dredd helmet using JFCustom's file ^^

The visor in the picture is temporary to hold the helmet in place, I used Liquid Rubber to coat it, it works ok, but I don't think this is the UK equivalent to what JFCustom uses to coat his stuff, any UK guys have any idea to what the UK equivalent to what JFCustom uses? Any help would be appreciated ^^

This is what I used:
View attachment 310738

Dude. If you find the awnser to this....... please PM me and let me know lol. Been asking all sorts of places in the UK and no one knows. If there is such product that can turn foam hard then I will be making ALOT of suits hahahaa

Just me (and not that highly scientific anyways), but did JF already post the brand and type of coating he is using? Find the MSDS (material safety data sheet, just so there's no confusion on that) of his product. Actually, just called SDSs now, but whatever). Anyways, the MSDS will give a ton of information on the ingredients and such, and would make it a lot easier to find a comparable product in another country.

I'm out the door right now, but if somebody can post up the brand, I'm willing to do the legwork this weekend to find comparable stuff. I would personally like to try something new, especially if it makes pieces more durable.:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back