Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade DISPLAY VIDEO

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade thread

OH I believe it.It's great that your doing trial and error with your conversions brad that's very important with these kind of projects.The more you mess with marks replicas it's very easy to have a very good idea turn real messy.That was the whole headache when I was doing them.I came up with just about 99% of what's going on now around the boards but completely understood they wouldn't last as far as durability goes and that's why I held back on alot of ideas.Anyway I LOVE your ankle bubbles and lights they SCREAM accuracy and that's what's great about what you do NO SHORTCUTS.

If brad ever offers a few conversion hop on them FAST.

I have been doing some tests with fabric spray paint and though it gives even coverage, the down side is that it you scuff the paint with an object, it makes a mark that can't be undone.

OH I believe it.It's great that your doing trial and error with your conversions brad that's very important with these kind of projects.The more you mess with marks replicas it's very easy to have a very good idea turn real messy.That was the whole headache when I was doing them.I came up with just about 99% of what's going on now around the boards but completely understood they wouldn't last as far as durability goes and that's why I held back on alot of ideas.Anyway I LOVE your ankle bubbles and lights they SCREAM accuracy and that's what's great about what you do NO SHORTCUTS.

If brad ever offers a few conversion hop on them FAST.

Completely agree. Mine genuinely are fully wearable however. I have walked around town for around 10 miles, up and down stairs, running, flexing etc. Nothing is breaking as i took the time to accurately measure the wiring distances and added a few cm for flexing and also tape and glued certain wires that needed to be secure. I drilled holes for the el soles so they're just about bulletproof now.

If anything, the downside to mine from an aesthetic point of view is that my wires are taped to the inside of the shoe with VERY strong bonding tape. It's the same grey colour as the shoe but doesn't look the best. The reason for this was primarily so that I could access the resisters and main circuit easily if something failed. I also really couldn't be bothered opening the fabric up.

I found a great paint for the fabric. I have tested about 5-6 colors and types of paint and this is a winner. It doesn't flake, scratch and it strecthes with the fabric.

The color grey can be a warm grey or cool grey. Meaning that it can look more tan(warm) or look more blue (cool). The real Nike Mag's are a cool (blueish) grey. That color is kind of hard to find because most cool greys are pretty dark. This color I found is awesome. It is just slightly darker than the fabric AND makes it semi-matte.

Here are the comparison picks:

Dsc04098.jpg

Dsc04096.jpg

Dsc04094.jpg

That looks really good! :thumbsup Be neat to see the whole shoe. You got your other pair from Mark yet?

my only ideas behind this is soaking them in bleach first to make them a little less "yellow" and a little more clear then soaking them in a gray dye... although this would be trial and error to perfect it if it works. i just know that S02 bleached his and dyed them in a blue dye and they look great i just wonder what a gray dye would look like. if ya ever experiment with that post some progression for us :)

my only ideas behind this is soaking them in bleach first to make them a little less "yellow" and a little more clear then soaking them in a gray dye... although this would be trial and error to perfect it if it works. i just know that S02 bleached his and dyed them in a blue dye and they look great i just wonder what a gray dye would look like. if ya ever experiment with that post some progression for us :)

Though this sounds like a great idea, I have a feeling that doing this reduces the strength of the rubber.

S02 is doing some fantastic things though I ultimately see a lot of unhappy wearers in his future. These shoes just can't be held together with glue.

Though this sounds like a great idea, I have a feeling that doing this reduces the strength of the rubber.

S02 is doing some fantastic things though I ultimately see a lot of unhappy wearers in his future. These shoes just can't be held together with glue.

haha the dont call them replicas for nothing. :)

Proof that I was in Hill Valley 2015 rocking some Mags. Marty even spotted me throwing my hoverboard off the kerb just about to jump on!

hillvalley2015.jpg

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade thread **Fun pictures Page 2**

Thanks. I hope the shoes arrive soon.

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade thread **VIDEO POST #33**

Put on the hat and the SHOES.

My take on the 2015 FOOTWEAR bag. I will be adding the RADIOACTIVE sticker on it:

Dsc04166.jpg

Dsc04167.jpg

Dsc04168.jpg

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade thread **VIDEO POST #33**

I got my MAG's started today. I did the toe and started on the ankle bubble and rubber sole seperation.

Dsc04178.jpg

Dsc04179.jpg

Dsc04184.jpg

Dsc04181.jpg

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade **STARTED** Pg.2

Wow Brad, you really are cracking on with my pair aren't ya, when do you think they will be finished for me and when do you want paying? :lol:)

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade **STARTED** Pg.2

Yo, Brad! How & What's lighting up those ankle lights? Can we see a pic?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back