JAWS shark sculpt - WORK IN PROGRESS!

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi all

I've started a clay sculpt of Bruce, mostly just for fun. I preordered the Sideshow version which is due to arrive later this year, but I thought I would work on a second display piece of my own in the meantime. I plan to include the finished sculpt in a diorama.

It's still in the very early stages and rough as old boots at the moment, but I thought I would share a few pictures as it develops.

Oh, I have yet to make the actual jaws so it's currently more a case of 'gums' - but the basic structure is there to work up from:

sharksculpt004medium1zp.jpg

sharksculpt008medium0hp.jpg

sharksculpt009medium7mb.jpg

sharksculpt014small2cb.jpg

sharksculpt012small9sc.jpg

I'll post updated pics as and when I make progress with the sculpt.

Regards

Al

Thats pretty neat.
I can imagine you modding a cast of that with one of the sides cut out, exposing the framing. Then, conjure up the little trolly thing he rode on, add some track and walla :D

Thanks everyone.

I spent a couple more hours on this this afternoon, here's a couple of updated snaps (still need to add the 'claspers' and teeth):

sharksculptnewpics002medium7sr.jpg

sharksculptnewpics004medium4eo.jpg

Al

Thanks.

Working on the dorsal fin following as closely as possible images of the screen used mechanical shark:

sharksculptnewpics007medium0ta.jpg

sharksculptnewpics009medium3jv.jpg

More progress pics to come as things move along... :)

Thanks folks, here are a few more progress shots.

It's still a LOOOONG way from finished, so please bear that in mind.

Right, on with the pics:

sharksculptnewpics025medium3wu.jpg

sharksculptnewpics047medium9ku.jpg

sharksculptnewpics029small9sa.jpg

sharksculptnewpics051medium3jl.jpg

sharksculptnewpics036small8zw.jpg

sharksculptnewpics054small8ra.jpg

Here's it is next to the McFarlane model to give you an idea of scale:

sharksculptnewpics060medium4dp.jpg

I'm looking forward to molding this and making the first pull so I can paint one up - the paintjob will really make a world of difference, too. :)

Regards

Al

That's the Mcfarlane boxset from a while back - not a particularly accurate sculpt of the shark, but still a very cool display piece. :)

jaws0012ox.jpg

jaws0026gx.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back