Jaws Orca model kit?

I love the Jaws Movie Maniac piece. Bought new at Spencers YEARS ago. Wish I bought them all! Still have the box but it has always been displayed open. My 21-month old daughter is fascinated with it. She sits and points at it saying, "Shok, shok, shok!"

forum member bigcow sent this to me, said i could share it

JAWS.jpg

bad news... just got an email from the daughter of the companys owner. she said he father passed away last month and the company that created this model no longer exists. what a bummer

Yup they got rare, still kicking myself for not buying them by the case when Spencers Gifts started clearencing the lot of them
No kidding. Four or five years ago a friend had a local comic book/collectibles/model kits shop, and he had a pristine Movie Maniacs Jaws set that sat on the shelf for months with a price tag of $45. He saw me looking at it one day and said, "I'll knock five bucks off if you'll take it right now. I'm tired of looking at it." :cry Someone finally bought it a couple of weeks later.

On a somewhat related note, why don't we have a "blowing my brains out" smiley?

Here's my cheapy ebay Orca, added some details, changed a few things, and a repaint...the structure is not screen accurate but for $68 shipped...it works for me :D!

Link to before and after pics-

Pictures by tahenytouchup - Photobucket

Thanks for looking

I don't care if this is a dead thread! I've also bought that $99 Orca, and only have gone as far as 3d printing some barrels with rope. I love your details and paintjob. A great inspiration, Tahenytouchup! Thanks.

I had the Movie Maniacs piece for years and I think I may have tossed it during a move. :) Appalling! I'd love something 1-2 feet long; most of the renditions I've seen I have no room for...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back