Jaws Orca model kit?

those aren't easy to build are they?

Plank on beam is an entirely different approach that what you might be used too. I used to take commissions to build for customers but it just got too much hassle for the return.

If you want a P on B model I suggest you start with one of the beginners series from Billings Boats and just take your time with it.

There is a vac form hull and superstructure available from Schoonie Hobbies in Scotland. Its not that specific if your looking to build something screen accurate, but its a good starting point if you want to build one from plastic instead of plank on frame.

Home

From what I can remember, its vac formed ABS, Im not sure.

Will

it's funny when I was working at Bass Pro Shops , we had one that was maybe 3' long that was made of wood and had great detail for some reason. It was one of our table props for nautical themes. Always wanted it too.

forum member bigcow sent this to me, said i could share it

JAWS.jpg

That is so awesome! I will be getting one of those kits for sure.
And the fact you can make it radio controlled is such a bonus.
Thanks for postin this:)

Yup they got rare, still kicking myself for not buying them by the case when Spencers Gifts started clearencing the lot of them

I have one of the movie maniacs sets, as pictured above. It's a nice display piece, but I can't believe how much it's worth now..!

As for the amazing large scale ORCA model posted a few posts above, I highly doubt that will ever be made available now as Pat's business partner Chuck, the man behind this great replica, has very sadly just passed away.

its funny cuz my friend is a big Jaws fan and she was always so pissed off that the Movie Maniacs set was so expensive, and then one day we found it at the flea market MIB for $80. she was so excited. we were lucky cuz the guy had just got a van load of Movie Maniacs Series 1 and 2 that day

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back