jason of star command miniatures

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

boatbuilder1

I just came across this in an old starlog fx book it took me back to preteen years and got me thinking there were a few neat ships in that saturday morning show

if anyone has reference photos or a good place to get them please get back to me

tnks

charlie

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Skyler101

Sr Member
Jason of Star Command... Another one of those shows that is etched in my memory..
There are a few threads that were posted along time ago about ships and props. Im not sure if they are still on the board, but do a search.

Also, take a look for the show Space Academy, as they used alot of the same ship, and models.

Here are a few links that may make things easier :

Plans for the Seaker from Space Academy (It isnt a Starfire, but it is a start) : http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/OtherKits/S...PosterPage.html

And the Seaker model : http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/OtherKits/S...SeekerPage.html

I believe that the builder of these is on the board some place. Maybe he can help us out.

The Unofficial Jason of Star Command Page : http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/starcommand/home.html

Pic of Drone ships : http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/...ttacking2lg.jpg

Pic of Seeker captured by drones : http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/...ttacking2lg.jpg

Hope that helps. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with, and I think I have episodes where I can pull caps if needed.

-Skyler101

Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Jul 11 2005, 12:24 AM
I just came across this in an old starlog fx book it took me back to preteen years and got me thinking there were a few neat ships in that saturday morning show

if anyone has reference photos or a good place to get them please get back to me

tnks

charlie
[snapback]1030724[/snapback]​

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Man I have not that about that show for years.. Thanks for the cool links skyler and thanks for the pleasant trip down memory lane charlie. :)

boatbuilder1

hey thanks guys
I know now I am reminising at 41 thats not supposed to happen until the 60's

now what about far out space nuts

wacky ridiculously bad effects and models but still fun.

I will keep you all posted on what I come upt with

charlie

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Jul 10 2005, 11:57 PM
now what about far out space nuts

Giiligans Isle in outer space. :lol Man I really loved that show. I especially loved Chuck McCann in that.

boatbuilder1

this topic is turning into a bushel of rotten apples
I have been scouring the web for well over a week and still nothing of value
I am really shooting to find info on the asteroid thinga ma bob

lunadude

There is a Jason of Star Command group over on Facebook. Maybe some good contacts if you have not seen this, or are not them.

(Yes, I know this thread is 15 years old but Tapatalk has decided to show it to me as a new thread.)

Joseph C. Brown

My build of the planetoid, ~half-studio scale, as of May, 2020. I split the shot with the Oct 29 1977 TV Guide article:

Attachments

• May 28 2020 001.jpg
    May 28 2020 001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • x OCT 29 1977 Issue OF TV Guide  4.jpg
    x OCT 29 1977 Issue OF TV Guide 4.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 62

Joseph C. Brown

Very very nice Joe!! I can see ALOT of work went into this.
Thanks! ...it keeps me outta jail and all, so that is a plus! :p More seriously, I really thought about going full-on studio scale... but, half(ish) scale, in the 22 to 24 inch range is much more manageable. And while the decision to go smaller scale means that I have to scratch/kit-bash/substitute *everything*, it does make for a more manageable model, for display and going to model shows. Helps keep my wife happy, too! She's a geeky fan-girl (we met at Constellation '85, honeymooned at Worldcon'86) so she's actually supportive of my modeling; she was looking at places in the house where it can be displayed when completed!

Eagle-1

Thanks! ...it keeps me outta jail and all, so that is a plus! :p More seriously, I really thought about going full-on studio scale... but, half(ish) scale, in the 22 to 24 inch range is much more manageable. And while the decision to go smaller scale means that I have to scratch/kit-bash/substitute *everything*, it does make for a more manageable model, for display and going to model shows. Helps keep my wife happy, too! She's a geeky fan-girl (we met at Constellation '85, honeymooned at Worldcon'86) so she's actually supportive of my modeling; she was looking at places in the house where it can be displayed when completed!
Ok Mr. Brown... Notifications on. Go git 'em.

Joseph C. Brown

Thanks for the kind words! I am currently caught in that model builder's dilemma: go with incomplete references, or, plow on ahead full speed! I've had an amazing amount of help from several folks; which, inevitably, equals go back and re-build! Because, other folks have given greatly of their time, so, I feel compelled to do the best I can!

Attachments

• IMG_6299.JPG
    IMG_6299.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6428.JPG
    IMG_6428.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6450.JPG
    IMG_6450.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    885.4 KB · Views: 39

Joseph C. Brown

I actually need to start a build thread over in General Modeling, as my model, when complete, will be 22-inches long, and the studio-scale build was 48-inches long. And it will help me stay motivated to get this beast done! :p

Eagle-1

Don't let that "lack of reference" be a "dilemma". You've seen what I'm doing and I don't have any reference OR skills and it ain't slowed me down none. You can't fix NUTHIN' I can't tear up. I got a scraper.

publiusr

You just don’t see many asteroid ships anymore. There was a nice Filmation cartoon called The Young Sentinels that had a moon-ship.

Ease Owyeung did the miniatures, and he is at the University of Arizona’s Academy of Art…aptly enough.

I bet he has them.
The landofnod.blog has a page called “The World of Star Command”.

Do the Dragonships and Ouamuamua next.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.