jason of star command miniatures

boatbuilder1

I just came across this in an old starlog fx book it took me back to preteen years and got me thinking there were a few neat ships in that saturday morning show

if anyone has reference photos or a good place to get them please get back to me

tnks

charlie

Jason of Star Command... Another one of those shows that is etched in my memory..
There are a few threads that were posted along time ago about ships and props. Im not sure if they are still on the board, but do a search.

Also, take a look for the show Space Academy, as they used alot of the same ship, and models.

Here are a few links that may make things easier :

Plans for the Seaker from Space Academy (It isnt a Starfire, but it is a start) : http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/OtherKits/S...PosterPage.html

And the Seaker model : http://www.smallartworks.ca/PS/OtherKits/S...SeekerPage.html

I believe that the builder of these is on the board some place. Maybe he can help us out.

The Unofficial Jason of Star Command Page : http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/starcommand/home.html

Pic of Drone ships : http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/...ttacking2lg.jpg

Pic of Seeker captured by drones : http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/...ttacking2lg.jpg

Hope that helps. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with, and I think I have episodes where I can pull caps if needed.

-Skyler101

Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Jul 11 2005, 12:24 AM
I just came across this in an old starlog fx book it took me back to preteen years and got me thinking there were a few neat ships in that saturday morning show

if anyone has reference photos or a good place to get them please get back to me

tnks

charlie
[snapback]1030724[/snapback]​

Man I have not that about that show for years.. Thanks for the cool links skyler and thanks for the pleasant trip down memory lane charlie. :)

hey thanks guys
I know now I am reminising at 41 thats not supposed to happen until the 60's

now what about far out space nuts

wacky ridiculously bad effects and models but still fun.

I will keep you all posted on what I come upt with

charlie

Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Jul 10 2005, 11:57 PM
now what about far out space nuts

Giiligans Isle in outer space. :lol Man I really loved that show. I especially loved Chuck McCann in that.

this topic is turning into a bushel of rotten apples
I have been scouring the web for well over a week and still nothing of value
I am really shooting to find info on the asteroid thinga ma bob

There is a Jason of Star Command group over on Facebook. Maybe some good contacts if you have not seen this, or are not them.

(Yes, I know this thread is 15 years old but Tapatalk has decided to show it to me as a new thread.)

My build of the planetoid, ~half-studio scale, as of May, 2020. I split the shot with the Oct 29 1977 TV Guide article:

Attachments

• May 28 2020 001.jpg
    May 28 2020 001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
  • x OCT 29 1977 Issue OF TV Guide  4.jpg
    x OCT 29 1977 Issue OF TV Guide 4.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 343
Very very nice Joe!! I can see ALOT of work went into this.
Thanks! ...it keeps me outta jail and all, so that is a plus! :p More seriously, I really thought about going full-on studio scale... but, half(ish) scale, in the 22 to 24 inch range is much more manageable. And while the decision to go smaller scale means that I have to scratch/kit-bash/substitute *everything*, it does make for a more manageable model, for display and going to model shows. Helps keep my wife happy, too! She's a geeky fan-girl (we met at Constellation '85, honeymooned at Worldcon'86) so she's actually supportive of my modeling; she was looking at places in the house where it can be displayed when completed!

Thanks! ...it keeps me outta jail and all, so that is a plus! :p More seriously, I really thought about going full-on studio scale... but, half(ish) scale, in the 22 to 24 inch range is much more manageable. And while the decision to go smaller scale means that I have to scratch/kit-bash/substitute *everything*, it does make for a more manageable model, for display and going to model shows. Helps keep my wife happy, too! She's a geeky fan-girl (we met at Constellation '85, honeymooned at Worldcon'86) so she's actually supportive of my modeling; she was looking at places in the house where it can be displayed when completed!
Ok Mr. Brown... Notifications on. Go git 'em.

Thanks for the kind words! I am currently caught in that model builder's dilemma: go with incomplete references, or, plow on ahead full speed! I've had an amazing amount of help from several folks; which, inevitably, equals go back and re-build! Because, other folks have given greatly of their time, so, I feel compelled to do the best I can!

Attachments

• IMG_6299.JPG
    IMG_6299.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_6428.JPG
    IMG_6428.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_6450.JPG
    IMG_6450.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    885.4 KB · Views: 198
I actually need to start a build thread over in General Modeling, as my model, when complete, will be 22-inches long, and the studio-scale build was 48-inches long. And it will help me stay motivated to get this beast done! :p

Don't let that "lack of reference" be a "dilemma". You've seen what I'm doing and I don't have any reference OR skills and it ain't slowed me down none. You can't fix NUTHIN' I can't tear up. I got a scraper.

You just don’t see many asteroid ships anymore. There was a nice Filmation cartoon called The Young Sentinels that had a moon-ship.

Ease Owyeung did the miniatures, and he is at the University of Arizona’s Academy of Art…aptly enough.

I bet he has them.
The landofnod.blog has a page called “The World of Star Command”.

Do the Dragonships and Ouamuamua next.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back