Jaeger Pilot suit - Pacific Rim

Great job Eduardo! Cant wait to see the rest. I tried to download it from the links you gave and it told me there was an error, not with my downloader but the website. Im wondering if anyone else has the problem or if its just my luck. Thanks.

Great job Eduardo! Cant wait to see the rest. I tried to download it from the links you gave and it told me there was an error, not with my downloader but the website. Im wondering if anyone else has the problem or if its just my luck. Thanks.

I didn't get any problem for download so try to download it from another browser. I download it from Opera and Chrome

Sorry still having problems with downloading, tried a different browser and it was on a laptop, it said something about uncompleted validation so I created my own account and it still didnt solve the problem, help please.

Just wondering if this should go in a help section of the forum if it does please notify me. Thanks!

Hi all, I'm new to this site and modeling in general. I have a 3D printer and want to make a Jaeger pilot suit, how would I go about that?

If someone wanna try to build too with pepakura or help me in modeling task i have uploaded the .obj and the .max project files :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img89/3257/ibaf.jpg
Jaeger Suit - Chest - model by edWRd.obj

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/8294/mim4.jpg
Jaeger Suit - Back - model by edWRd.obj

Correct width for the UNFOLD i think is 370mm (fit well for me)

Enjoy!

Your Pep files are a life saver for this build, so, thank you so much for designing them and offering to TheRPF for use.

A friend of mine and myself want to build Jaeger Pilot suit armor. If we use these Pep files, which mind you I have never built armor from a Pep file before, after we build these with cardstock can we coat the cardstock with fiber glass to harden it and then could we add Worbla on top for the layering strength overall finished look of the armor?

I have been seeing alot of cosplayers make armor out of Worbla and I am dying to try it out.

Thanks for any help offered.

Worbla looks really cool, but extremely expensive. You probably don't need glassed cardstock if you were going to use worbla. Just seems like it would be unnecessary step.

the only cool thing about this movie were those Suits! (and the flashback/godzilla like scene) :)
I really like this movie-genre, but PRim was really far below my expectations.
Acting was bad, dialogs were basics, predictable storyline, and the graphics were more like a videogame than movie realism.

ps. fanboys dont hate me.. its just my opinion.:ninja

I have small time for working at but soon i'll update with correct files and new test and model.
Stay tuned!

Hi Edoardo, just wondering if you have made any more progress with the Pep files for this armor build? I am about to print out your chest and armor pieces and wondering if you have made any edits to them? I would need to modify the chest to form to a women's bra cup since the chest plate is designed for a male.

Please let me know. Getting more and more into this suit build. I decided against using Worbla for this project and going with the fiberglass, resin and Rondo route to build it.

Thanks!

Hi Edoardo, just wondering if you have made any more progress with the Pep files for this armor build? I am about to print out your chest and armor pieces and wondering if you have made any edits to them? I would need to modify the chest to form to a women's bra cup since the chest plate is designed for a male.

Please let me know. Getting more and more into this suit build. I decided against using Worbla for this project and going with the fiberglass, resin and Rondo route to build it.

Thanks!

All: I have been helping Annise with getting this project rolling for her. We were able to take the chest plate PDO file and unfold and scale it to her approx measurements. One thing I was thinking about from my Iron Man Armor was the fact there are no supports designed to help keep this pep file's shape when applying resin. Thoughts on how she can best accomplish this?

PDO File: www.grenexmedia.com/temp/prim/JaegerSuit-Chest-Annisse2.0.pdo.zip

Capture2.jpg

Doing a little re-watch of the making of PR and I just noticed this:
jE9Thaj.jpg

It looks as if they clip the pieces to the suits, not on them. Well look at that! They're using the same buckles we use here!

Last edited:
Doing a little re-watch of the making of PR and I just noticed this:
http://i.imgur.com/jE9Thaj.jpg

It looks as if they clip the pieces to the suits, not on them. Well look at that! They're using the same buckles we use here!

That picture helps soooo much thank you for showing that, i am trying to make this suit for a female for an up coming Con and was hoping maybe someone has some more pep files or even a 3d model that i can unfold ??

I am going with the WORBLA method afterall to build my Mako armor suit. The PEP file for the chest front and back here are great for the males but if you look at Mako's it is constructed completely different.

I know nothing about PEP file design or how to even edit an exisiting file. I have been wanting to do an armor build with Worbla for months now after seeing so many amazing cosplay armor made from the material. I want to invest my time into working with it.

If anyone comes up with any PEP files for Mako's Gypsy Danger pilot armor, please let me know cuz I would still like to work with PEP but will most likely do a PEP/Worbla complete suit combo.

Thanks!

SORRY SORRY and again SORRY guys if I havent updated the thread :(
The fact is i have very little time to work on it and i abandoned the 3d modeling and tryed to use the eva foam for this project.
I've not used ANY pattern and i worked only freehand, and that's the answer for some asymmetric parts.
What you think about guys?
qjks.jpg

Really i think for a 'fast' work is the eva foam, but is difficult to have the same proportions and exact form, still a bit tricky.

- - - Updated - - -

And the back-view
yonl.jpg

BTW is my first attemp at all at using EVA FOAM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back